Market phenomena - page 53

Avals:

Well let's say you're this MM and you're forced to give the world)))) bids/asks and change them. The others trade with you at your prices - at some prices clients will be more long than short, at others vice versa - accordingly you will have the opposite position, which may be quite non-zero and depend on your quotes. On the basis of what you are going to change quotes and what is your objective(s).

I don't get it at all. What? Does the presence of some MM at the DM affect quotations? Well, yes, I admit that it affects the small stuff, within a statistical margin of error. So what? That's what you can build a strategy around? Oh, please. It's not even funny.

It happens even to the broker. Sometimes for shorts (shares in debt) he does not have any securities in reserve. It happens. But this is with my volumes. Here...)) everything is drawn. No. This is not the subject.

gpwr:

It's a shame they got banned. Did someone get cocky? Well, there were some inappropriate words, I don't deny it. But it didn't interfere with the discussion. I've always found your posts interesting. Read Reshetov's past posts. He used to run everyone over so badly that God forbid he should complain. Those who have original ideas do not always have a soft touch.
I have not called all in a row, only one for the cause, because he has little brains, well, maybe one more, but I made peace with him earlier. And he called them asterisks, maybe that's how I spell the word 'hedgehog'.

HideYourRichess:

There's nothing stopping me from thinking so. And I don't need the states.

Because I see that many people are new to it. As for the specific details of the structure, this is an intimate question. Since the market in principle is not cognisable, in absolute terms, then everyone has a different answer to this question, with one degree of approximation or another.

As for the obviousness. It is obvious to me that looking at the shape of distributions for prices is a completely wasted task. It loses the second dimension - time - and adds serious distortions due to discretisation.

Look, let's all have a look at your state. Come on, don't be shy.

_Farnsworth:

To Hide...

I've been watching you for a long time and you've been here for a long time and in that time, just like svinozavr, you haven't said anything. You know - nothing.

It's just that apparently we speak very different languages. Sometimes I regret speaking too blatantly about things I shouldn't. ;)

_Farnsworth:

To Hide...

And is it too difficult to understand that we're talking about dividing a quote stream into sub-processes and studying the influence of fat tails. This area is poorly studied, very poorly. And why are you picking on neutrona? He prepared the material at the request of a colleague. Why are you getting involved?

Hide, I'm sorry I don't use your nickname, I'm writing on a tablet which is not very handy and I'm getting upset by the words she uses (she's an intellectual like svinozavr). Anyway, I don't like to show off, but my experience (meaningful) as a trader is over 20 years (yes, long time living). You won't believe it, I haven't lost anything to the market.

And how would you like to explain in the aftermath, I havenever posted, do not post and will continue to post working phenomena and systems. But at the same time I understood a long time ago that communication on such topics with my colleagues is not harmful.

I find your approach, this mighty bunch of you "figures" researchers here, abhorrent and I'm sure it is completely out of step with the market. That's what I've been telling you relentlessly. But judging by the fact that it's been going on for years, it's all useless.

I don't argue with lockers, I don't argue with martingales, I don't argue with numbers enthusiasts - I got into the discussion today for nothing.

Svinozavr:

I don't get it at all. What? Does the presence of some MM at the DM affect quotations? Well, yes, I admit that it affects the small stuff, within a statistical margin of error. So what? That's what you can build a strategy around? Oh, please. It's not even funny.

It happens even with a broker. Sometimes for shorts (shares in debt) he doesn't have any securities in reserve. It happens. But that's with my volumes. Here...)) everything is drawn. No. This is not the subject.

Don't confuse it with the stock exchange. The exchange market is a small part of FX and the same liquidity providers make the weather on ECNs. The specifics of the market are such that there are many kitchens that are structured by size and output the skew of their position in the market to the bigger one. At the head of the pyramid is one or more big banks that have no one to skew their market positions and have to create the bulk of their liquidity. And they can be skewed for a very, very long time. They cannot sell or buy on the market - smaller operators simply will not sell.

_Farnsworth:
Look, let's all have a look at your state. Come on, don't be shy.
What for?

Avals:

Don't confuse it with the stock exchange. The exchange market is a small part of FX and the same liquidity providers make the weather on ECNs. The specifics of the market are such that there are many kitchens that are structured by size and output the skew of their position on the market to the bigger one. At the head of the pyramid is one or more big banks that have no one to skew their market positions and have to create the bulk of their liquidity. And they can be skewed for a very, very long time. They cannot sell or buy on the market - smaller operators simply will not sell.
You don't need it! How many ppts are skewed? Can you show me? Sorry - bullshit.

HideYourRichess:
Why?
Well... To spoil your mood, to give you nightmares. And for catharsis, my stats. And the cat. Amen.

_Farnsworth:

Yeah, sorry about the name-calling, but kinda finishing the last lines, kinda in a ban. Soon they'll realise I'm farnsworth and I'll get banned again. You'll be talking to hexogen by now.

Reincarnation is symbolic - it's to new discoveries) Svinozavr in a past life before the ban may also be some kind of Newton was))).

Svinozavr:
Don't do that! That's how many ppts are skewed? Can you show me? I'm sorry - bullshit.

I don't understand the pt. and what to show))
Reason: