The absurdity of a stop loss - page 9

sanyooooook:

How soon (in how many pips not in my favour) will my 1,000 deposit be wiped (leverage 1:100) if I opened a position with 0.1 lot?

Well less than 1000 pips it seems. There are always points from which I have gone without a return of 1000 pips.

alexx_v:
You can tell they're not vegetarians. They put on diodes, rectifiers with flowers and radishes and dill and try to eat it all. Perverts )))

tags for the stoploss thread - reset cards, soviet power, diode, radish ))

DhP:

Six months, like last year, from December to June...

And if this position is split into 10 parts and spread out over this entire period?

Avals:

well less than 1,000 pips it seems. There are always moments from which a 1,000 pips went unrewarded.

Woah... May 4, buy EURUSD (so to speak, following the trend) - May 23, stop out, so that's 20 days or 3 weeks, but it could be faster :)

Mischek:

tags for the stoploss thread - reset cards, soviets, diode, radish ))
Any order will bring profit if you wait. So will a stop loss.

1. In the stock market, the leverage is very small and the market is thin, if you put stops, they will be seen by other market participants, and to confuse them there are many false orders in the stack. which are removed when the price gets close.

2. you do not show the market, but yourself: how much you are prepared to lose if the entry signal was false.

For example, I trade with big risks. I am taking a loss of up to 30% using a stop loss. Before it was 50%, and not because I'm greedy, but because the tests showed this stop loss to be optimal. Now it's getting harder to trade... so I have to protect myself more often.

Since we're looking for and trading trends and patterns, stop-loss is an emergency exit from the market if the trend breaks.

paukas:
Any order will bring a profit if you wait. So does a stop loss.

You want to braid my brain. I really don't get it.

Mischek:

What exactly is unclear?

Mischek:

Apparently the man with the beard meant that a negative profit is a loss.

goldtrader:
Obviously, the man with the beard meant that a negative profit is a loss.

I don't think the man with the beard would hide the obvious in such a florid way. This radish speculator with a beard makes me suspicious. Why does he need a beard? What is he hiding under it?

By which underground did he sell radishes. There is no metro in Riga. He says, "What exactly is unclear?" I don't know what to write.

Reason: