The absurdity of a stop loss - page 5

I remember under the old regime trading radishes by the metro.

There were no stop-losses. And swaps only for a cop's three grand.

sanyooooook:

I have never met a salesman who, when buying a product, says: "I'm prepared to lose 3% on this", but he will sell out at almost the purchase price (but not at a loss) if the product is not in demand.

but the retailer may throw away unmarketable goods and put a loss on actively traded goods
or throw away unrealizable goods when losses have been recouped - in which case, a sale may be priced below the purchase price

sanyooooook:

The costs are not recouped by the revenues, so they go bankrupt. )

Well, for the real sector, the stop-loss may not be on an individual trade, but on a cumulative loss. A trader is not prepared to take more than a certain amount of losses.

The right peddler would rather eat his goods than sell them at a loss

sanyooooook:

and have there been any cases?

And also at what price does she buy them and at what price does she sell them?

No, not all at once, it's called a margin stake, and 5-15% is steadily thrown away, and sometimes everything is sold, but at a deep discount and below the purchase price, with the aim of getting at least something, not throwing it away

abolk:

but the retailer may also throw away an unrealisable good, putting a loss on the actively traded goods
or throw away unrealizable goods when losses have been recovered - in this case, the sale may be priced below the purchase price

You might also want to exit rather than sell at a loss; if you exit, you forget about the position, but you don't close it at a loss.

sanyooooook:

and have there been any cases?

And also at what price does she buy them and at what price does she sell them?

I think it's an outrage to speculate on flowers. They grow on their own, with rain and sunshine on top. But no, there are wives who pick them, take them to the market and stand there with them all day long until they wilt. What is the police doing about it?

sanyooooook:

He would rather throw away than sell at a loss, throwing away means forgetting the position but not closing it at a loss.

You will not be a good trader with that approach :))

Europa:

No, not all at once, it's called a margin stake, and 5-15% is steadily thrown away, and sometimes everything is sold, but at a deep discount and below the purchase, in order to get at least something, not to throw it away.

Rightly thrown away, but that 5-15% should be included in the price of those that will be sold

sanyooooook:
The right peddler would rather eat his goods than sell them at a loss

If the credit (margin) must be repaid now, he may sell at a loss in order not to go bankrupt. He is counting on the fact that he will pay out and the market situation (prices) will change. This usually happens in a crisis
Reason: