The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 328

Олег avtomat:

I don't care what you call a proper understanding.

Why would you do that?

Just asking )

No correct understanding was being interpreted.

Then I cannot understand the meaning of your opuses.

Олег avtomat:

Where is this quote from? Whose statement is it from?

As a physicist, doesn't this statement make you uncomfortable?

It is my statement, maybe I said something wrong.

It's just that I heard about the use of strange attractors to model some kind of price patterns a long time ago, about 20 years ago. I'm curious to see how this direction has progressed.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Nice system.

It's better to cash out than to lose it all

Norm

In reality the effectiveness of the TS is measured by the cache withdrawn, not the dangling balance combined with equity.

Олег avtomat:

It is useful to understand what 20% per annum is, and what a deposit must be to live off this 20%.

Assuming $100,000 for a year, i.e. $100,000/12 = $8,333 for a month, a deposit of $500,000 (half a million) is needed to meet the annual needs

You can easily calculate on any given number.

Oh, that's closer to the subject.

So, you earn at least $8000 per month, and for you $10 on deposit is just a game? Knowing in advance that you will lose everything.

And if you (suddenly) have $500,000 where will you invest it? You have to be prepared.

Or do you mean to say that making a $10 deposit periodically earns you $8000 a month?

Sergey Chalyshev:

Why so?

Just asking )

No proper notions were interpreted.

Then I cannot understand the meaning of your opuses.

Are you living with 20% per annum?

Aleksey Ivanov:

This is my statement, maybe I expressed something wrong.

It's just that I've heard about using strange attractors to model some kind of price regularities for a long time, about 20 years ago. I'm curious to see how this trend has progressed.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

The market is a controlled dynamic system.

Aleksey Ivanov, 2018.05.12 18:06

Tell me please, "Do you really use algorithms describing strange attractors in your trading system?"

Your question implies as if I said somewhere that I"use algorithms describing strange attractors in my trading system", but you are in doubt and decided to clarify whether this is "really" the case. Where do you get that from?

Any price chart, of any instrument (forex, futures, stocks, metals, grains, oil, indices, bonds and so on and so forth) has the dynamics of a strange attractor. I studied this subject, I know what I am talking about. By analysing the dynamics of an instrument, you can reveal a lot of useful information. Strange attractors are rich in information.

But "using algorithms describing strange attractors in TS" is nonsense, like bolting a saddle on a cow.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Oh, that's closer to the subject.

So you earn at least $8000 a month, and for you $10 on deposit is just to play around? Knowing in advance that you will lose everything.

And if you (suddenly) have $500,000 where will you invest it? You have to be prepared.

Or do you want to tell that periodically depositing $ 10 you earn $ 8000 per month?

This investigative stuff of yours is completely beside the point.

To calm your raging imagination, I'll recalculate it to calmer numbers:

Олег avtomat:

These investigative quips of yours are completely off-topic.

Then answer the question directly on topic:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

The market is a controlled dynamic system.

Sergey Chalyshev, 2018.05.12 16:11

In your system, I take it, the drain is inevitable. It's all a matter of when it comes.

Is it possible to avoid plum in your system by reducing the targets?

For two pages now, you've been yukking and can't answer a simple question.

You probably set your own goals (no you don't, you set specific goals) and also answer them evasively, don't you?

Олег avtomat:

Any price chart, of any instrument (forex, futures, stocks, metals, grains, oil, indices, bonds and so on and so forth) has the dynamics of a strange attractor. I studied this subject, I know what I am talking about. By analysing the dynamics of an instrument, you can reveal a lot of useful information. Strange attractors are rich in information.

But "using algorithms describing strange attractors in TS" is nonsense, like bolting a saddle on a cow.

A strange attractor is described by some mathematics, so to predict the behavior of the tools you mention, you have to use that mathematics, express it in algorithms and corresponding codes. That is what I mean. What is wrong with that? What nonsense is there?

Олег avtomat:

These investigative contrivances of yours are completely beside the point.

To assuage your frenzied imagination, let me recalculate it to calmer numbers:

Thank you!

But I have no fantasies, purely practical interest.

And what is it that you calculate? Is the system capable and not, can you explain?

p.s. Can you calculate with reinvestment?
Reason: