[Branch closed!] EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 4) - page 137

margaret:
Traders are reporting that the European Commission is denying earlier reports that eurozone authorities have reached a basic agreement on a new 3-year bailout plan for Greece.

As a result, the Euro slipped from $1.4500 to $1.4460. Players sincerely wish that on today's absurd day this would be the last unexpected statement to shake the markets.

Why did the Aussie, the GDR, the GBP and even the Canadian have to crash ? did they all crash together ..... The Yen and the Franc sustained this fall ... Sometimes they find such a reason that frankly i am embarrassed to read it ...
P.S. Someone decided to buy the dollar for 50 pips. Got himself some girls for the summer holidays. That's all.

odiseif:
Why did the Aussie, the GDR, the GBP and even the Canadian have to fall off? They all fell off at once ..... Yen and the CHF survived the fall.
P.S. Someone decided to buy the dollar for 50 pips. Got himself some girls for the summer holidays. That's all.
The euro rose on talk of a tightening by the ECB and the threat of a downgrade in the US credit rating... But oil has been falling for three hours...

Targets for option levels

Although already reversed to the upside, it is still below $100.

margaret:
The Eu rose on talk of a tightening by the ECB and the threat of a downgrade of the US credit rating... BUT oil has been falling for three hours...
The option level was much earlier than the information throw in... Look at the Put option levels they are already there and we will work them out... and the news will pull up later. Strong Put level 1.420 volume 16480

margaret:
The Eu rose on talk of a tightening by the ECB and the threat of a downgrade of the US credit rating... BUT oil has been falling for three hours...
I have nothing against it going up .... I am waiting for 14570. I can't swallow anything else. As the USD went up by 30-50 points against all pips depending on pair volatility, they found the reason in EUR ...... Tell me why they didn't look for the reason in Aussie and found it in EUR .... or Canadian, even if JPY went down by 13 points... so why EUR exactly...

margaret: As a result, the euro fell from $1.4500 to $1.4460.

I am always amused by this analyst expression: some measly 40 pips (and often even less) are called a collapse.

RBC often has news like "on the FOREX market, there is a sharp fall in the euro: yesterday's European session closed at 1.4457, and today it is trading at 1.4443.

Margaret says it right: Oil collapsed someone decided to buy in, bought up dollars -- will benefit from the summer price hike on oil products when Europe goes on holiday...

Mathemat:

I am always amused by this expression of analysts: some measly 40 points (and often even less) are called a collapse.

RBC often has news like "There is a sharp fall in the Eurodollar in the FOREX market: yesterday's European session closed at 1.4457, but today it is already trading at 1.4443".

Yes, it's funny. I think the media has it in its blood to sow panic in people

A collapse is when there is a sharp movement over a couple of seconds to a minute. A decline can go on for hours over a much longer period of time. Imho the argument is all about terms, no more than who understands them.
Reason: