Combining trend and flat strategies into one TS = grail? - page 18

sever30:

1. it's interesting to hear about it, just don't say it's MAs or some classic indicator.

2. Is "trending strategy" what we discussed in private? If so, where is the place for a "flat" strategy?

1. of course - it's a stochastic or a mashiki... I generally like to put everything on the chart to make it look nice)))))) Are you kidding me?

I'll leave the idea of modernization in secret (I hope you'll understand me)

2. About the second point... You can take any strategy, including the one we discussed in private. There is no principal difference, if you approach it "carefully". I tried it with Martin. I made good profits, especially I liked it when in a hard flat I didn't lose... I could just imagine how it would fail if I didn't have a flat strategy. But it would be optimal, of course, not to increase the lot. Profitability became less, but strategies in this case t worked more so to speak coherently (because there was no lot exponent in the flattened strategy). At the core of the flat strategy is cost averaging, with a general stoploss at some point (there may be variations). Order placement levels in both flat and trend strategies were the same. Only the stop levels and the logic itself are different. By the way, you did not answer my question :-)

Olchik: You didn't answer my question, by the way.)

/And you, I take it, are also experimenting in this direction?

yes, i was experimenting.

sever30:

/And you, I take it, are also experimenting in this direction?

yes, i was experimenting.

Judging by the past tense of the verb, you've abandoned the idea too... :-)

Olchik:

Judging by the past tense of the verb, the idea has also been abandoned... :-)

that one, yes. a dead-end branch in my opinion.

Olchik:

Thanks for the congratulations)

Why past tense? The thing is that after a while I stopped using "random entry" (remember, I wrote that the strategy was not based on any slightest analysis of price movement) due to the fact that I came up with a more profitable option (i.e., there was a major update of the strategy, which has completely changed it).

I wonder what else we could come up with...

Olchik:

...especially liked it when in a hard flat, martin didn't flush...

That sounds very erotic coming out of a woman's mouth. :)

Happy Holidays!

sever30:
This one, yes. I think it's a dead end.

So the subject of combining trend and flat strategies is no longer relevant to you. Honestly, I haven't read this thread except for your first post, so I missed the moment when you were no longer interested). I was wasting my breath, it turns out.

sever30:

I wonder what else you could come up with...

you can always come up with something, but it still won't be a grail)))

joo:

That sounds very erotic coming out of a woman's mouth. :)

Happy Holidays!

Thank you)

Go long or short on the green and red crosses, if the flat indicator - blue breaks the dotted line, the trend has started, so ignore the signals from the cross of red and green

Yes, indeed, combining a flat and a trend strategy into one is a GRAAL, because there are only 2 states in the market: trend and flat. If there is a strategy that earns more on the flat than it loses on the trend and earns more on the trend than it loses on the flat, then you have to combine them and you have the Grail!
Reason: