Do you need volumes in Forex? - page 5

goldtrader:
So maybe we should take quotes from non-filtered sources, since there are enough of them?

You can - in principle it does not matter, if the filtering method does not change, but remains constant during the day, or at least an hour, then the result does not change or changes very slightly. Strong distortion is obtained if each bar has its own way of filtering, and since we analyse the minimum available range (minutes) - I think it (changing the way of filtering every minute) is unrealistic.... It is just psychologically more convenient to work with quotes of the dealing you trade with ....

Good luck ...

artikul:

But 99% of the people on this forum don't believe it ))))

Hello again! It's nice that the topic has aroused interest and a lot of opinions for, and a lot of opinions against.

I am rather in favour of volumes, even in a market as ambiguous as Forex. Firstly: it really shows trading activity, which is not unimportant. Secondly: The first rule of the market is the law of supply and demand, which is directly related to product volume. ALL STRATEGIES THAT DO NOT USE VOLUME are pure mathematics, which in my opinion is not quite (or rather not at all) correct. It's like drawing a child "kala-mala" on a sheet of paper and looking for meaning in it. Of course, the news mean a lot, but in their absence the volumes are the real main indicator for this pair. It is true that I cannot yet come up with a strategy for tornoley based on volumes. But I have some ideas, that is why I created this topic. In my opinion - the price of this currency pair is the middle of the "Depth of Market", i.e. its zero. And if a buy/sell request comes in for this currency pair (or news affecting this pair), then the price of this pair will change based on this.

infinum13:

Hello again! It's nice that the topic has aroused interest and a lot of opinions for and against.

I am rather in favour of volumes, even in a market as ambiguous as Forex. Firstly: it really shows trading activity, which is not unimportant. Secondly: The first rule of the market is the law of supply and demand, which is directly related to product volume. ALL STRATEGIES THAT DO NOT USE VOLUME are pure mathematics, which in my opinion is not quite (or rather not at all) correct. It's like drawing a child "kala-mala" on a sheet of paper and looking for meaning in it. Of course, the news mean a lot, but in their absence the volumes are the real main indicator for this pair. It is true that I cannot yet come up with a strategy for tornoley based on volumes. But I have some ideas, that is why I created this topic. In my opinion - the price of this currency pair is in the middle of the "Depth of Market", i.e. its zero. And if a buy/sell request comes in for this currency pair (or news affecting this pair), then the price of this pair will change based on this.

He's got a point!

A round of applause...

;)

Volumes allow you to identify consistent structures (subsets) of price bars that correspond to either a reversal or a strong continuation of the trend . ))) The values of volumes by themselves are poorly informative and of little use. The effect is achieved when the closing price in combination with the volume forms an anomaly. )))

artikul:
Volumes allow us to detect non-contradictory structures (subsets) of price bars, which correspond to either a reversal or a strong continuation of the trend . ))) The values of volumes by themselves are poorly informative and of little use. The effect is achieved when the closing price in combination with the volume forms an anomaly. )))

And may I have a list of artefacts?

;)

And may I have a list of artefacts?

;)

For example ))) 4 different colours in a row without repetition ))) Looking at the closing price of the "squatting" bar ))))

If the theme continues to develop, I will lay out more ))))

artikul:

For example )))) 4 different colours in a row without repeating )))) Looking at the closing price of "squat" bar ))))

If the theme continues to develop, I will post more )))).

Sorry.

But I am colour blind.

(

My bad.

But I'm colour-blind.

(

We all have our difficulties )))

artikul:

Practice is the criterion of truth )))) Here is how the Expert Advisor works using a single BWMFI indicator from the standard set. Its formula is very simple - (HIGH-LOW)/VOLUME. So volumes rule. Even the tick ones. But 99% of people from this forum don't believe it ))))

P.S. The parameter Lots=10 means MINLOT x 10 )))

Where to download it

VladislavVG:

Why so many words? You don't use tick volume and you don't need it, it doesn't tell you anything - so what if it does? does it force anyone? .... What does it tell me? I can show you ;) .... Yesterday's day on EUR realtime - projections of possible reversal zones - the main work on the breakout from the zone, or rather: breakout, comeback and entry on the pullback with a short stop ... Stops are from 5 to 20 pips ;) .... The zones and their assumed relevance time are shown. Just did not attach it to that post:

It's all on tick volume and minute volume analysis t\f....

Good luck .....

ZZS About the stars was amusing. You may think how and why the support/resistance levels appear and how by the character of price movements you may determine the levels for placing large orders..... And one more thing: with correct analysis the price image is the same for any brokerage company and it doesn't matter what filter is switched on there..... The only thing that confuses this kind of analysis - frequent changes of intraday filtering algorithm ....

So many words just to get an understanding! of what tick volumes are

First understand the nature of the phenomenon! And then make predictions based on it

and it's better to make an effort to analyse real volumes - not this substitute

You'd get real levels based on volumes ...

you can find levels with large lots based on real volumes, not the
ticks surrogates

you go straight to the NICE where these levels can be seen in (real lots) ...

well, if you make forecasts by stars, why not by tick volumes?

but if the nature of tick data helps you, i`m just happy for you.

just like any other psychic who gets his help from the stars, or the mean hospital temperature

Reason: