Do you need volumes in Forex?

Hi all. This may be a silly question, and it may not make much sense to some people, but still: should I pay attention to the volume figures in Forex? After all, the volume of currency that the player operates in the market is very, very small compared to the global basket? And if not, it turns out that all of the indicators, which contain the volume to some extent, are incorrect. I would like to hear your opinion.

infinum13:

Hi all. Probably, this is a stupid question and it does not make sense to someone, but still: should we pay attention to the volumes in Forex?

It depends on the TC. In most cases volumes are not used in the CU.

infinum13:

After all, the volume of currency that the player operates in the market is very, very small compared to the global basket?

Why compare the size of your position with the world basket? )))

infinum13:

And if not, it turns out that all indicators, which in varying degrees have a volume, should be considered incorrect.

Fundamentally wrong.

goldtrader:

In most cases volumes are not used in TC.

So the market profile is bullshit and eyewash?

goldtrader:

Why compare the size of your position with the world basket? )))

Yes the question is not about my position but about the concept of volume in forex. The fact is that either I misunderstand the meaning of "Forex" volume (which is most likely), or it is simply not worth paying attention to the volume.

goldtrader:

Wrong, fundamentally.

The statement would be true if the volumes were worth paying attention to :)))

In MT platforms, volumes are TICK volumes, i.e. they are not real volumes expressed in money, but the number of ticks per bar. But they indirectly characterize the activity of market participants and in some cases can be very useful. Everyone will decide for himself whether to pay attention to them or not.

The reliable brokers have a glass (officially called Market Defth), in which the volumes of real bids of market participants are displayed. However: firstly, the phantom (unreal) bids can be there, secondly, the slider reflects the situation of one broker or group of brokers only. You will not see a complete picture of the real volumes on the forex market (unlike any stock exchange) anywhere.

Tiki is also a unit of time.

coaster:
Tiki is also a unit of time.
Oops, more on that point, please...

infinum13:

Hi all. This may be a silly question, and it may not make much sense to some people, but still: should I pay attention to the volume figures in Forex? After all, the volume of currency that the player operates in the market is very, very small compared to the global basket? And if not, it turns out that all of the indicators, which contain the volume to some extent, are incorrect. I would like to hear your opinion.

there is no volume in forex

Because forex is a very diverse environment consisting of a multitude of intermediaries (including rogue ones)

not all market participants report volumes!

--

as a result - there are no volumes in the forex market!

the volumes you see in MT4 are tick volumes, which have nothing to do with the real ones

in fact this information is rubbish - a surrogate - and gives no information at all

because each dealing is different and very different from the other dealing data

---

but there is a silver lining!

for example if you trade on NYCE ( New York USA, Wall Street, one of the major stock exchanges ) you will get the volumes of this particular exchange

let's say it's at least information! because it comes from the largest exchange in the world

and that's something you can rely on.

Ahem... If ticks for M1 are rubbish, then M1 prices for H1 are also rubbish.

Dersu:
Ahem... If the ticks for M1 are rubbish, then so are the M1 prices for H1.

Where did you talk about tics ?

2 YuraZ 05.04.2011 19:31

1. то что вы видите в мт4 - это тиковые объемы ничего общего не имеющие с реальными объемами

2. по сути эта информация является мусором - суррогатом - и не дает никакой информации

The first statement is correct in principle, but the assumption that tick volumes are somehow related to real ones and may serve as reference points at intraday ranges is not without reason ....

And the second ...... it depends - in particular, on what a trader knows how to do with them, how to use them;) ..... if nothing\ever - then, yes, the information is useless, like any other information with which it is not clear what to do, how to use it...

Good luck.

goldtrader:

You won't see a complete picture of real volumes in forex (unlike any stock exchange) anywhere else.

Why not? ECN provides traders with accurate time and volume data. For example, data from Electronic Broking Services (EBS), which is used by thousands of traders, and which you can access through a product called Data Mine product . Another thing is that it costs a tremendous amount of money.....

kartir:
goldtrader:

You will not see a complete picture of real volumes on the Forex market (unlike any stock exchange).

Why not. ECN provides traders with accurate time and volume data. For example, data from Electronic Broking Services (EBS), which is used by thousands of traders, and which you can access through a product called Data Mine product . Another thing is that it costs a tremendous amount of money.....

You took one phrase out of context. There was more before it:

goldtrader:

But: first, there are phantom (unrealistic) bids, and second, the market reflects the situation of only one broker or group of brokers.

So this "Electronic Broking Services (EBS)", which thousands of traders use, describes only a small cross-section of the foreign exchange market. Besides, there are institutes, which make incomparably larger volumes than traders.

Reason: