A grid of pending STOP orders for the three pairs EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, USD/JPY - page 2

INFINITEITH:
I'm putting up the stack.

A grid with no stops is awesome!

Paper (pardon, demo) will take it all.

If you put stops, the depot won't last long, about a day)

INFINITEITH:
If you put stops, the depot will not last long, about a day)

)))

I have a terrible secret: the fewer orders in the grid, the longer the deposit will live. Ideally, there should be only one order.

goldtrader:

)))

I will tell you a terrible secret: the fewer orders in the grid, the longer the deposit will live. There should ideally be only one order.

It's not that simple. One order of 10 lots equals 10 orders of 1 lot or 100 orders of 0.1 lot (1ord*10 lot=10ord*1 lot=100ord*0.1 lot).

The grid is rather a diversification option.

The important thing is how positions are opened and closed:

INFINITEITH 04.04.2011 00:13

I think that this should be determined by the RSI indicator on the charts.

H4, min. and max. points.

ratnasambhava:

It's not that simple. One order of 10 lots equals 10 orders of 1 lot or 100 orders of 0.1 lot (1ord*10 lot=10ord*1 lot=100ord*0.1 lot).

The grid is more of a diversification option.

If with that maths, it is not diversification, but failure to choose the right entry point.

Truly they say: when there is no money, time is wasted. A consequence of the immutable law "Time is money".

goldtrader:
If with that kind of maths, it's not diversification, it's a failure to choose the right entry point.

it is not clear what kind of maths we are talking about?

I mean that the number of orders does not matter (or almost does not matter), what matters is the total volume of the position ("open interest") and how it changes depending on the price changes

ratnasambhava:

I don't know what kind of maths we're talking about?

It's this one:

ratnasambhava:

One order of 10 lots equals 10 orders of 1 lot or 100 orders of 0.1 lot (1ord*10lot=10ord*1lot=100ord*0.1lot).

If the total position is limited, this is called a "spread" entry.

Applies when the trader cannot determine the entry point. And the absence of a stop shows that he does not know the exit either. One can only rely on luck.

Goldtrader:

Вот об этой:

It's called "smearing" the entry.

This may be off-topic, but sometimes this entry is the only right one.

If you are working for a return.

No one can accurately calculate (even if there was no expansion) - on fludrum, no one can.

And another thing - assuming the ramp limits, you'll have lot sizes growing exponentially.

So much for sketching out the whole of Martin.

;)

goldtrader:

If the total position is limited, this is called "smearing" the entry.

It is used when the trader cannot determine the entry point.

It doesn't matter what you call it, it doesn't change the point.

Besides, "smudge" or "smear" the entry point will remain the same.

Reason: