When does it make sense to keep part of the robot code in an indicator? - page 19

Be specific. Describe the situation in which my code will not work correctly. Let's analyze the EA by the bones in a few lines.

If I'm wrong, I will not deny it. I will confess publicly. But let's talk reasonably, not pour water.

P.S. Before it gets dark, I'll clean the windows.

I'm sorry, but explaining anything to you is a very unfortunate task.

So I bid you farewell with a brush...

After a break in communication, the nearer bars are pumped up first, then the more distant ones
hrenfx:

Let's be specific. Describe the situation in which my code will not work correctly. Let's analyze the EA by the bones in a few lines.

If I'm wrong, I will not deny it. I will confess publicly. But let's talk reasonably, not pour water.

P.S. Before it gets dark, I'll clean the windows.

After a break in communication, the nearer bars are pumped up first, then the more distant ones

Integer:

If it has worked correctly in real conditions, it does not mean anything yet.

The conditions are not met. You need an option that ensures resilience in the event of a breakdown in communication. Why ask a question that has already been answered?

My variant here in this thread, earlier.

The testing is done in the tester.

I read it diagonally, missed it, now I saw your version. Yes, I wish I'd known beforehand that it turns out that the IndicatorCounted() function has been discussed for 20 pages...

Vinin:
After a connection failure, first the near bars are pumped up, then the more distant ones

Victor, you'll get the answer now saying we are cool, we don't work lower than H4 or something in the same style, or in another style, but with the same meaning ... or use a super-duper powerful VPS, and the account we have in the best DC in the world, which never fails connection.... etc. etc.

Integer:

I'm sorry, but explaining anything to you is a very unfortunate task.

So I bid you farewell with a tassel...

Asked for a code, provided it. You initiated an argument yourself and walked away with water. Well, that's your right.

Perhaps the man with the balls will say something.

Integer:

Victor, you will get an answer saying that we are cool, we don't work lower than on P4, or something in the same style, or in another way, but with the same meaning...

But I want to get the correct code for FAC for indicator calculation in the Expert Advisor. Alas

hrenfx:

Asked for a code, provided it. You initiated an argument yourself and walked away with water. Well, that's your right.

Perhaps the man with the balls will say something.

Don't twist things around like that! I have not asked for any code from anyone. I only offered the contest to those who hold to their opinion that calculation of indicators in Expert Advisors is normal and even good. Unfortunately, there were no worthy competitors in the competition.

Vinin:
After a connection failure, the nearer bars are pumped up first, then the more distant ones

Great critique! Only not to my craft, but to the platform as a whole. This fact has been repeatedly mentioned to the developers. So the situation:

1. You haven't had your terminal switched on for a week and you decide to run it, with a default EA running (this raises some questions about adequacy, but so be it).
  2. The terminal is connected, but the entire history is still running. The indicator sends its values to the Expert Advisor and the Expert Advisor starts trading based on these values.
  3. The terminal has downloaded the entire history and the indicator began to show completely different values. The Expert Advisor now obtains completely different values.

This is a well-known problem that the developers have been asked to solve a hundred times and added the flag that the entire history is pumped. But it has not been solved.

Now any Expert Advisor with indicators at such moments is ready to make a lot of troubles in trading. Therefore, do not reduce the developers' problem to the code above. The variant with an indicator does not provide an acceptable solution.

Let's get closer to life: you run the Expert Advisor when you have already made sure that the entire history is pumped. If after that a brief loss of connection occurs (less than a day), then my code will work absolutely correctly.

Vinin:

But I wanted to get the correct code for FAC to transfer the indicator calculation to the Expert Advisor. Alas
So you mean to say that there is no such code so far? I am surprised that my elementary will fill this gap.
Reason: