When does it make sense to keep part of the robot code in an indicator?

SABJ proper.

Haven't found a reasonable point so far, but maybe someone knows. ))

Andrei01:

SABJ proper.

Haven't found a reasonable point so far, but maybe someone knows. ))

IMHO - all code (including indicators), if the owl is not commercial :-)), directly in the EA - without indicators (the more so objects), all calculations as functions, modules (include), or not... - in order to speed up processing and execution.

Roman.:

IMHO - all code (including indicators), if the owl is not commercial :-))), directly in the EA - no indicators (especially objects), all calculations as functions, modules (include), or not... - in order to speed up processing and execution.
Has it ever been compared in terms of speed? There is an opinion about ambiguity of such solution.

granit77:
Has it ever been compared in terms of speed? There is an opinion about the ambiguity of such a decision.

Not compared myself, but I've read and heard - (somewhere...) :-)) that direct code is faster to process than by using functions...

Although... At our speeds, it's certainly not critical.

In my personal experience, EAs using standard MT indicators are faster than those with inbuilt code. In other cases, too, there is no clear answer, it strongly depends on the optimized code of the indicator. And in terms of simplicity, clarity and ease of debugging, external indicators win.

granit77:
In my personal experience, EAs using standard MT indicators are faster than those with inbuilt code. In other cases, too, there is no clear answer, it strongly depends on the optimized code of the indicator. And in terms of simplicity, clarity and ease of debugging, external indicators win.
I agree about the debugging, in the Expert Advisor mode it is inconvenient to debug the code - for example, there is no initial tick for offline running and normal printout, although it was about dividing the code into an indicator and Expert Advisor. If I have a profitable Expert Advisor )) based only on standard indicators, it may be no problem, but if the code is slightly custom, I have noticed that many people are annoyed by not always predictable behavior of indicators.

Andrei01:
I agree about debugging, in Expert Advisor mode it is inconvenient to debug the code - for example, there is no initial tick to run offline and print it out, although I was talking about dividing the code into indicator and Expert Advisor. If I have a profitable Expert Advisor )) based only on standard indicators, it may be no problem, but if the code is slightly custom, I have noticed that many people are annoyed by not always predictable behavior of indicators.

I mean the trading criteria, namely their triggering based on custom indicator(s) readings - (if not for sale - without the need to visualize them for the client on the computer screen and the corresponding labels in the appropriate places of the screen with their timely wiping (turning them into inactive (gray) over time), but only for their own use, then directly trigger the trading conditions (criteria) in the EA, at least in the form of f-knows or separate modules, as you prefer - and no questions . Of course, IMHO.

Roman.:

My point is that the trading criteria, namely their triggering, based on the readings of the custom indicator(s) - (if not for sale - without the need for visualisation for the client on the computer screen
With the visualization it is not so clear - binding to the buffers is not desirable because they are not supported in the Expert Advisor, that is in many cases everything must be rewritten using objects.

Andrei01:
It's not so clear with visualisation either - binding to buffers is undesirable as they are not supported in EA, i.e. in many cases you will have to rewrite everything via objects.

You don't need any custom indicators at all - everything is directly in the Expert Advisor and that's it.

Roman.:

You may use them without any custom indicators - everything goes directly to the Expert Advisor, that's all.

This is what I do, but I've noticed that many non beginners use indicators, even though they seem to be more troublesome than useful.

I am interested to know if there is a reason for that. ))

Andrei01:

I do, but I've noticed that many people, not even beginners, use indicators, although they seem to be more bothersome than useful.

Therefore, I wonder if there is a reasonable reason for it. ))

I knew it right away.

P.S. There may be some "schemes" against "third-party" use of a commercial Expert Advisor when implementing it for one of the clients, something like a variant of "protection" of information from use by others, although HZ... :-)))

Reason: