Code to include in my EA so that it does not execute orders on high impact news

Hi I tried to find something about it in the forum, but I could not. Would anyone have a simple and functional code to include in my EA so that it does not execute orders on high impact news? Thank you

You're in luck, I just finished writing a library for such a thing.

<external link removed>

nicholishen:

You're in luck, I just finished writing a library for such a thing.

<external link removed>

Please use the mql5.com site possibilities. Codebase to publish your code or attach a zip to your post.

Alain Verleyen:
Please use the mql5.com site possibilities. Codebase to publish your code or attach a zip to your post.

MQL5.com is extemely limited because there is no version control. Quite frankly I'm shocked that you would block access to an open-source GIT repository. That's some Gestapo level moderating IMHO. 

And here we have another proof of Godwin's law.

Drazen Penic:

And here we have another proof of Godwin's law.

Ha! Alain is literally xxxx. jk. JK, Alain, you know I love you...don't ban me please.

nicholishen:

Ha! Alain is literally xxxx. jk. JK, Alain, you know I love you...don't ban me please.

I edited your post as I don't want my name to be associated with this guy in any way...we never know with Internet.

An other proof of my terror policy, censorship. :-D

Lol

nicholishen:

MQL5.com is extemely limited because there is no version control. Quite frankly I'm shocked that you would block access to an open-source GIT repository. That's some Gestapo level moderating IMHO. 

Don't always take things so personally please. I am just applying such rule to everyone, including me, without any restriction.

That doesn't seem a big deal to zip your files and attach them here or to publish it to the codebase. And thanks for sharing :-D

Alain Verleyen:

Don't always take things so personally please. I am just applying such rule to everyone, including me, without any restriction.

That doesn't seem a big deal to zip your files and attach them here or to publish it to the codebase. And thanks for sharing :-D

I'm currently developing that lib and making commits daily. It doesn't make sense to post a zip file with code that could potentially be depreciated in a matter of days. Yes it works as desired out of the box, but why wouldn't you want access to the latest and greatest version? I never understood why devs here don't use git and online git-repos. Posting up files on a forum is so 1990's. :)

nicholishen:

I'm currently developing that lib and making commits daily. It doesn't make sense to post a zip file with code that could potentially be depreciated in a matter of days. Yes it works as desired out of the box, but why wouldn't you want access to the latest and greatest version? I never understood why devs here don't use git and online git-repos. Posting up files on a forum is so 1990's. :)

Some changes are on preparation to publish directly from MetaEditor or something like that. Don't know what exactly and I have no idea about a deadline.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

GitHub now supports the MQL5 and MQL4 languages

Fernando Carreiro, 2016.12.03 18:42

Are there any plans to integrate GitHub (or generic Git) functionality into the MetaEditor for version control (such as for example, similar to the way it is available in Microsoft Visual Studio)?
No answer from Metaquotes, maybe you could ask to ServiceDesk.
Reason: