a return to the fairy tale - page 8

PPC:

As you can see, there are fewer ticks generated in the tester over the time period taken.

Why is there a difference in the number. What does it depend on?

By the way, because of the difference in the number of ticks below, the graphs are not synchronised, so there is a lack of clarity.

ratnasambhava:

And why the difference in numbers has arisen. What does it depend on?

By the way, because of the difference in the number of ticks below, the charts are out of sync, so there is a lack of clarity.

Here I have clearly shown how reality docks with the tester.

I synchronised by time - by seconds!

First, the real-time ticks were written into the first file, and in the second column each tick had its own value TimeCurrent()

The second file was used to write into the tester: the beginning and the end of recording - by the end values of TimeCurrent() from the first file. The second file also has the second column - TimeCurrent() from the tester (writing of both files was performed by the Expert Advisor on M1)

In the generalized file the colours mark the start of the new minutes according to the two sources. In short - much easier! I think this issue has died down.

The difference in the number of actual and generated ticks is even simpler. The number of actual ticks is not historically counted anywhere. So the tester generates ticks IMHO depending on the height of the candle. The rest of the second question is up to the tester's developers.

IgorM also gave me a couple of links - they are about the same thing: http://forextools.com.ua/trading/ticks/ticker.html http://forextools.com.ua/trading/ticks/tester.html

We looked ... we wept. We just saw what we already knew without the pictures. And the practical application of this ???

The elementary question arises: is it realistic to create a trading system in mt at all! since it is impossible to test it in the tester due to the absence of any reliable value. opening price - clearly does not coincide in time or price with the first tick of the bar... ...The close price - similarly ( the last known price ) ...The high and low were also written in history...

I'm not just talking about scalping, I'm talking about MT trading in general!

The number of ticks in the tester IMHO (did not check) must match the volume of the bar, what prevents you knowing this parameter, give the required number of ticks from the file to the Expert Advisor ?

xrust:
The number of ticks in the tester IMHO (did not check) must match the volume of the bar, what prevents you knowing this parameter, give the required number of ticks from the file to the Expert Advisor ?
the volume is often over 100 or more... that doesn't mean that in a bar (for example in a minute) it's not just a hundred or even an order of magnitude less ticks...

I thought you were a bit more imaginative - knowing the approximate (or exact) ratio of the tester's ticks to the file, is it really a problem to feed the EA with the right data ????

xrust:
I thought your imagination was a bit easier - knowing the approximate (or exact) ratio of tester ticks to file, is it really a problem to feed the EA with the right data ????

there is no ratio... neither exact nor approximate... nor is there even any history at all (as there is no reliable value in it) ....

so there's only one of two things to do: either write the seconds and shift all the t.f.'s... or write in another platform where it is possible to check ... then why should it be translated into µl... the more so that other platforms do not have the niceties of MT trading in addition, such as requotes or delayed execution ...

0) fuck

1) Did you check ?

2) Collect it.

3) Download

4) Having a tick history file, what prevents you from going through the tester beforehand and collecting the tester ticks (number (frequency)) and dividing, multiplying, averaging, subtracting ?

5) And what do you do with that attitude ?

Reason: