[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 136

artmedia70:
when fiddling with bar changes that have not taken place, a check must be added to the loop
I wrote this code before I asked the question)

Reshetov:
The answer is in the strategy tester's logbook

only " 2011.02.21 12:26:59 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 2727 at 2011.02.17 19:00 exceeded) "

what the fuck it is.

eddy:
I wrote this code before I asked the question)

I meant that there is no difference in mathematical result, and in terms of speed of execution, simplicity of coding and number of variables, simple mathematical calculation of arithmetic mean wins over your, logical one.

Otherwise, it's up to you: you can do as you like...

there is a difference in the result as there may be no change

eddy:
There is a difference in the result as there may be no change

Specifically ask a question and spell out the terms of that question.

It all depends on the purpose of your calculation. If the result on the trading day has not changed, then mathematically it is zero - it should be included in the calculations. If on the given day you indulge in frivolous amusements, then that day should be excluded from trades and calculations.

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

The question is as follows.

I select "Service-Archive_quotes", pair "nzdusd", and look at the history for M15. I see that there is a history up to 1999.

However, when I was testing the Expert Advisor in the tester for 2006, accessing bars (OCHL prices) of M15 return all zeros.

I searched for the "Max bars in history" setting. The value is 10 000 000 and "Max bars in history" is set to 250 000.

How can I fight it?

10,000,000 allows you to download to the archive on your computer all the possible history for the instrument.

250 000 000 is how many bars will be extracted from your archive into your computer's memory for the tester to work.

The deeper you need the history, the more you need to download to the memory. You can change the 25 000 000 to 10 000 000.

If there are problematic holes in the history, try uploading the history again.

To do this, it is desirable to delete all the folders with archives from the "history" folder, run the terminal and download the history.

It's as simple as that.

Bicus:

I select "Service-Archive_quotes", pair "nzdusd", and look at the history for M15. I see that there is a history up to 1999.

However, when I was testing the Expert Advisor in the tester for 2006, accessing bars (OCHL prices) of M15 return all zeros.

I searched for the "Max bars in history" setting. The value is 10 000 000 and "Max bars in history" is set to 250 000.

How can I fight it?

Put up some pictures or an advisor

Bicus:

How can I fight it?

You can set the terminal settings to more than 250,000, but then you need a faster processor... In my opinion, there is no point in increasing it.

Questions about names of graphical objects and error 4200.

1) Is it true that if several windows are open in the terminal (including real quotes windows and several tester windows), then graphical objects from one window may not have the same name as any of the objects from another window?

2) If the answer to (1) is "yes", then, it turns out, that a conflict (error 4200) will appear at retesting of an EA, if the window of previous test is not closed (i.e., if the EA creates an object with a fixed name, then, at each new run of the tester, that name is already occupied by the corresponding object in the previous window)?

3) I regularly get the "error 4200", despite the fact that the names of the created graphical objects are clearly controlled, and there is 100% no overlap between them, e.g. "1l", "2l", "3l",.... It's completely unclear what this could be due to. Closing all windows and restarting the terminal don't help. I've found discussions of previous years in the forum where developers say that there were some problems with 4200 and that they were fixed. Has this status persisted in the current build (229)?

Thank you.

Reason: