[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 260

Hmmm... I understand that an EA is a group of scripts? I mean, I decide it's time to enter the market, I click on the EA and it does what it needs to do?

So you can't create a script with two conditions??? I.e., an order is opened and then a condition...?

Golden-dark:
So you cannot create a script with two conditions? I.e., an order is opened and then the condition...

It is possible, if you make an infinite loop in the script with a delay inside like sleep, it will work until you close or change the timeframe or exit by condition, it becomes something like an Expert Advisor.

I usually use it in multicurrency trading, you can't keep track of all ticks of all pairs there:))))

Who can I chat with online? Skype, please. I don't understand much about MQL, and I don't want to do much. So I don't want to study everything thoroughly...

That is, when I decide to enter the market, I need to press a button and an order with a take and a stop will open. If the price passes a certain amount of pips, another order with its own stop and take is opened. And finally, if the second order is opened, a pending order is placed immediately (or it is placed when the price passes a certain amount of points). If the price touches a stop or take profit, the pending orders are deleted.

The script will not work for this? Do you need to develop an EA?

Golden-dark:

That is, I need that when I decide to enter the market, I press the button and an order with a take and a stop will open. If the price passes a certain amount of pips, another order with its own stop and take is opened. And finally, if the second order is opened, a pending order is placed immediately (or it is placed when the price passes a certain amount of points). If the price touches a stop or take profit, the pending orders are deleted.

The script will not work for this? Do you need to develop an Expert Advisor?

I'm looking at all this and I think that the problem statement is not clear, it seems to be simple in fact when implementing your ideas, there are questions like "I enter the market" - is it buy or sell,

"price goes through" - which direction it goes in, etc. As usual it all starts to become more detailed, conditional, misunderstood, reworked and is the usual work of a programmer.

Try to go here https://www.mql5.com/ru/job they do work for mql4 too, maybe even for free, but if you offer $5 you will probably get your EA or script...

Thanks for the advice. I would like to make 2 scripts for 2 different "market entries". I.e. on buy and on sell... In general, you can't make such script (sorry if I'm talking nonsense):

Open order; then: if price = opening price of first order + n pips, then open 2nd order; if not - nothing; then: if price = opening price of 2nd order + n, then open 3rd order. That's it.

Golden-dark:

Thanks for the advice. I would like to make 2 scripts for 2 different "market entries". I.e. on buy and on sell... In general, you can't make such script (sorry if I'm talking nonsense):

Open order; then: if price = opening price of first order + n pips, then open 2nd order; if not - nothing; then: if price = opening price of 2nd order + n, then open 3rd order. That's it.

You can do it if you open three orders at once, one according to the market, the second is a pending order (+ n) and the third is a pending order (+2*n). Question - what to do if the price moves in another direction, for example, the first order will be closed by SL, what about the pending orders? Should we delete them as soon as the first order closes by SL? If the second order opens and the price goes back, what to do with the third one? etc. .....:))))) There is still no position... Decide on all eventualities, this is the staging... Still on the job.

Hmm... The point is that the third order is only possible after the second order. You only need to worry about deleting pending orders, if stops or profits of previous orders are triggered. You do not need to worry about the previous orders, because the stops (or profits) will be triggered at the same time as the others.

Golden-dark:

Hmm... The point is that the third order is only possible after the second order. The only thing to worry about is removing pending orders, if stops or profits of previous orders are triggered. You do not need to worry about the previous orders, because the stops (or profits) will be triggered at the same time as the others.

We have not mentioned anything about the value of n. It can be lower than the TP of the previous order, in which case the previous order has not been closed yet and the next one has already been opened or is there a condition here as well?
Reason: