Twenty-four, and not one iota more! - page 16

paukas:

It is not a system at all if the result depends on 1 point.

If 150 or 149 or 100 or 200, it still works in profit, it is a system. That's what the tester is for - to separate the working from the non-working.

Oh, man. Sticks. Yes, on any period there is such a threshhold, when because of one pip the profitability of the system drops many times. I mean, a man has not lived for thousands of years to wait until his millenium-sized sample proves to be right. And there is not so much money, who has - he does not need to trade.

paukas:
The scale is post-production, the number of deals varies naturally.

Stupid

Cod:

Christmas trees. Sticks. Yes, on any period there is such a threshhold, when because of one pip the profitability of the system drops many times. I mean, a man has not lived for thousands of years to wait until his millenium-sized sample proves to be right. And there is not so much money, who has - he does not need to trade.
I will say it again. If the profitability of the system decreases many times because of one pip - throw it away. This is not a system. This is trash.

paukas:
I'll say it again. If one pip causes the system's profitability to drop several times, throw it away. It's not a system. This is trash.

The problem is probably the number of deals. If there are dozens of them, the profit may jump many times from a few points of tp change. If there are hundreds/thousands of them, the profit will change smoothly with tp change.

Cod:

Yes, on any period there is such a threshhold, when because of one pip the profitability of the system drops many times.
I'm too lazy to learn how to program)))) I am too lazy to calculate stops manually and set them ))))) ))))) I want a lot of money, and fast)))) ) ))) understandably)). Therefore, I desperately need a fixed stop for all times ))))

Avals:

The problem is probably the number of trades. If there are dozens of them, the profit may jump several times from a few points of tp change. If there are hundreds/thousands of them, the profit will change smoothly with tp change.

I even think the problem is the size of the stop. You put a stop of a kilometre and trade in profit for a couple of months at a time. They trade profit for a couple of months at 45 degrees.

And then they lose everything, one pip wasn't enough to sit it out.

artikul:
I am too lazy to learn how to program )))) I am lazy to manually calculate stops and set them ))))). I want a lot of money fast)))). ) Quite understandable)))). ) So I desperately need a fixed stop for all times )))).

You speak as if the ability to program and "count stops" has made someone rich, and not quickly and a lot, but quickly and for a long time.

I'm talking about principles, about morals, about concepts. So far they just want to prove to me that a fucking large sample will soften all studs and achieve victory over chaos. My answer is: with a deposit and longevity of a celestial, yes. In other options, no.

paukas:

I even think the problem is the size of the stop. They put a stop of a kilometre and trade in profit for a couple of months at a time. They trade profit for a couple of months at 45 degrees.

And then they lose everything, one pip wasn't long enough to sit it out.

Yeah, yeah! But look - a short stop has its limitations.

I just went and bought some pickles from a local farmer, I'll eat them and then I'll write about them right away.

Cucumbers, not feet.

Cod:

So far they just want to prove to me that a fucking large sample will soften all studs and achieve victory over chaos.

Fuck the studs )))) I mean, respectable people tell you, what good is a trading system if one hairpin can kill the entire depo? ))) And if even a few hairpins don't kill the deposit, why are these hairpins more beautiful than other bars to make you go crazy? )))

Cod:

Yeah, yeah! But look, the short-stop has its limitations.

I just went and bought some pickles from a local farmer, I'm going to eat them and I'll write right away.

Cucumbers, not feet.

A larger stop requires more statistics (trades). The minimum number of trades is needed for systems with tp/sl=1. The more this ratio deviates from one, the more trades are needed for statistical validity. In advanced cases of martingale, when stop=margin call, the number of deals needed for statistics tends to infinity))))
Reason: