Twenty-four, and not one iota more! - page 5

Cod:

No, no, you shouldn't trade on a breakout at all. I told you: today's pivot is higher than yesterday's pivot - go long when today's pivot is touched. Break yesterday's pivot - stop.

Have you tested it?

Cod:

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm genuinely confused as to what the twist is.

The trick is that the equity curve flattens out and you can use even more volume and make more profit with the same risk.

Svinozavr:

The size of the pose is a f-from the foot. Not the other way round.

Stupid rule, but, oddly enough, there are few (and are there many lucky ones?)) who follow it.

I wondered. I have not found any flaw in this logic yet.

I'd like to have a deposit, so I could play with the lot size, like Hercules with muscles... :) What if I'm doing 0.1? Because I'm afraid I have too much to lose and there's no room for money management?

:)

or rather :(

vasya_vasya:
The twist is that the equity curve flattens out and you can use even more volume and make more profit with the same risk.

Entering with half a lot? Making more profit? That the curve flattens out, I can still believe it... But how I would make more profit, if I enter with half lot, I do not understand. So when do I open the second half? Explain, I'm not hopeless :)

Avals:

You tested it?

I even bought a forex tester at a New Year's discount for 75 usd.

I just can't see how to control the stops. That's what it's all about, that's what it's all about.

Cod:

Risk reduced, so profit reduced - so don't trade at all! So, in my opinion. Well, in my opinion, in order to optimize (read - decrease) the loss you optimize the profit. That is, reducing. I do not understand what the trick is. Well, you will drain twice as long, and that's all.

You say - the lot splits in two. And if the price does go in the right direction, when do you open the second one?

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm genuinely confused as to what the twist is here.

The risk is reduced and the profit is reduced - but it is there. If the price moves in the required direction - go further in the system and fill it, what is the problem?

Cod:

How to Filter Accidental Breaks

This is the question I am trying to answer (or rather try to check it):

reduce the lot with a stop shift, then refill. The options are by strategy.

vasya_vasya:

Sometimes I am amazed that intelligent adults don't just discuss other people's pseudoscientific fantasies, but try to finish the story themselves.

It is clear that it is about pivots. Just 10 lines of code and you can retire.

I second that! It is high time to send these pseudo-scientists from forex to the construction sites of the economy!

Undermining our Michurin techanalmise, pests!

Cod:

I even bought a forex tester at a New Year's discount for 75 usd.

I just can't see how to control the stops. That's what it's all about, that's what it's all about.

Try other pivot levels R2,R1,S2,S1. There are medium pivot strategies with optimal stops at these levels. Maybe it will work for you too))

Cod:
So when is the second half open? Explain, I'm not hopeless :)
Don't open the second half immediately, save it for tomorrow for a hangover....

Cod:

Going in with half a lot? Making more profit? That the curve flattens out, I can still believe... But how I would make more profit, if I enter with half lot, I do not understand. So when do I open the second half? Explain, I'm not hopeless :)

If you understand that the curve flattens out, then the question "when to open the second half" shouldn't bother you. The goal is to get the smoothest possible upward equity curve. The rougher it is, the less aggressive money management can be used.

In other words - winning more reinvestment.

Reason: