What form, let's assume a physical body, does time have? Your opinion. - page 63

yosuf:
The Creator has made sure that we do not know the fact of our death. So we are immortal!

Of course. Especially you, Yusuf, that's for sure.

TarasBY:

P.S. Anything a man can imagine and believe in is possible!!! - thus he will create the future that will come in an "instant" ;)

I will. The Snow Maiden will come along with a bag of quid and take off her panties. You just have to believe.

--

This world exists because of limitations. There are degrees of freedom, mobility, transparency, space, etc. etc. But there are also boundaries, solid objects, friction, attraction, anisotropy, irreversibility of time and other delights that you can lean on, screw a pump to them, or plug into a socket.Or that one can chip on, break one's nose, or lose one's head altogether (I hear Annushka has already spilled another batch of oil). Something is possible, and something is impossible, for crying out loud. The wise man discerns, the fool shows off.

Everything is possible only in the imagination, although some comrades have many limitations here too (and it's not necessarily a bad thing).

paukas:
More to the point, it is ephemeral.

Perhaps the best definition, as there are countless processes with their own time. There are even more processes that we cannot see or feel. For example, we cannot see air, but we cannot live without it.

MetaDriver:

Of course. Especially you, Yusuf, that's for sure.

I will. The Snow Maiden's about to come in with a bag of quid and take off her panties. Just have faith.

--

There are degrees of freedom, mobility, transparency, space, etc. But there are also boundaries, solid objects, friction, attraction, anisotropy, irreversibility of time and other delights that you can lean on, screw in a pump, or plug in.Or that one can chip on, break one's nose, or lose one's head altogether (I hear Annushka has already spilled another batch of oil). Something is possible, and something is impossible, for crying out loud. The wise man discerns, the fool shows off.

Everything is possible only in the imagination, although some comrades have a lot of limitations here too (and it's not necessarily a bad thing).

Hi Volodya, chatting away with nothing to do. I have 9 EAs working on real accounts and I try not to disturb them, but sometimes I`m itchy and then I repent. I am still drunk because I had my birthday yesterday, so please do not judge me severely if I did not put it that way. By the way, I brought it up from the 'basement'. I found it interesting and I guess I was not mistaken. And about my immortality you are right, but the glory will come to me, apparently, after my death. My theory and the indicator based on it will make people remember me, although no one believes in it now. Indicator + EA logic will make all traders happy. Your credit for that as well, although sometimes, on the case, criticised me. Everything went well. I have run 6 PAMMs on 5 brokerage companies (W, A, 4, rvd, FxPro). Let them plow on automatic and prove my rightness in the dispute with my opponents.

yosuf:
... I had a birthday yesterday.

First of all, happy birthday to you, of course, and may all your plans come true. :-)

And then...

What in the world is going on, people? What rubbish they shove into the poor unfortunate notion of "time".
But remember... what meaning do you (and everyone) put into the word "TIME" when you use it in conversation (!)
I can hardly be mistaken in saying that, by using the word "time", you want to emphasise the NON-TIMING of an event in relation to another event.

So why... here,... in this thread,... you (you personally are not the only one,yosuf, so I write "you" with a small letter) are trying to make TIME and a measurement, and still don't know what?! What's the big deal...?

MetaDriver:

... There are degrees of freedom, mobility, transparency, space, etc. etc. But there are also boundaries, solid objects, friction, attraction, anisotropy, irreversibility of time and other delights that you can lean on, screw a pump to them, or plug in a socket. Or that you can chip on, break your nose on, or lose your head altogether...

I hit a corner, so the world is not so round(c)

Humans have made the mistake of thinking space-time is homogeneous and isotropic.

MetaDriver:

I will. The Snow Maiden is about to come with a bag of quid and take off her panties. You just have to believe.

What? She never came? Or did she come, but with a beard and no money and took off her panties??? :)))

I 'forgot' to mention 'burning desire' (to get what you want). There is a popular wisdom: "Think about it! Are you sure this is what you want? - A wish may come true!"

this is what it says about time in the eighth-grade physics textbook. (1973):

expressions like "little time left" or "much time gone" we use every day and understand each other very well. but try to answer the question what is time?
The correct answer to the question about time was already known to ancient Greek materialist philosophers. This is how the Roman poet Lucretius Carr, who lived in the 1st century BC, described the essence of their view on the nature of time in his poem "On the nature of things".

"likewise, time does not exist in and of itself, but objects
themselves lead to a sense of what has happened in the centuries
what happens now and what will follow later.
and inevitably recognize that no one can experience
time in itself outside of the motion of bodies and rest."

Newton in his writings made an attempt to introduce the concept of absolute time into science. he wrote: "absolute true mathematical time in itself and in its very essence without any relation to anything external runs uniformly and is otherwise called duration".
The absolute time can exist only in people's imagination when any measurement of time must necessarily refer to a set of physical phenomena that successively replaced each other.
Time as a physical quantity has a number of features due to which methods of its measurement differ from methods of measurement of other quantities. any time interval can be measured only once only when it flows ("one cannot step twice into the same river"). it is impossible to repeat measurements as it is done for example in measuring length as it is impossible to return to the past.

yosuf:
And when we sleep, time stands still, at least for the sleeper. Therefore, time is a factor in assessing movement or change. If there is no change, there is no time. For example, for a prisoner in solitary confinement, time is not an important factor.

So you can't sleep :-)

yosuf:
Physicists are confused by declaring time as the fourth dimension. Time has nothing to do with the other 3 dimensions. Time is not material, so to speak.

Are all the other dimensions material?

Boeing747:
Here's what it says about time in an eighth grade physics elective course textbook. (1973 г.):

expressions like "little time left" or "much time gone" we use every day and understand each other very well. but try to answer the question what is time?
The correct answer to the question about the existence of time was found by ancient Greek materialist philosophers. This is how the Roman poet Lucretius Carus, who lived in the 1st century BC, described the essence of their views on the nature of time in his poem "On the Nature of Things".

"neither is time itself, but objects
"but the objects themselves lead to a sense of what has happened in the ages.
"what happens now and what will follow later.
and inevitably recognize that no one can experience
time itself outside the movement of bodies and rest."

In his writings, Newton attempted to introduce the concept of absolute time into science. He wrote: "Absolute true mathematical time in itself and by its very essence without any relation to anything external flows uniformly and is otherwise called duration".
The absolute time can exist only in people's imagination when any measurement of time must necessarily refer to a set of physical phenomena that successively replaced each other.
Time as a physical quantity has a number of features due to which methods of its measurement differ from methods of measurement of other quantities. any time interval can be measured only once only when it flows ("one cannot step twice into the same river"). it is impossible to repeat measurements as it is done for example in measuring length as it is impossible to return to the past.

Oh, dear... So many titles... and all those big names...
Shall we again, with bated breath, hear about the Earth on three whales;... about the rotation of the Sun and the whole world around us;... about how warm air rises up because it is LESS cold air;... about the origin of life;... about the Big Bang, finally...?

Everything you have given as examples does NOT reflect the MAIN point:...

- take two divergent points in space. And especially keep in mind that there is NOTHING else (!) in my example except SPACE.
You can hardly object that if the STATUS of one of our points CHANGES, the other point FEELS THIS CHANGE, and reacts by changing its state too.
IT IS AN ELEMENTARY INTERACTION, OF WHICH THE DIVERSITY OF THE WORLD AROUND US (!) CONSISTS OF A GREAT NUMBER.

What would happen if a change in the state of the first point reached and affected the state of the second point IMMEDIATELY...?

That's right - NOTHING,... not us,... not our entire Causal-Existent world as we observe it.
We only exist because a WAVE OF STATUS CHANGES propagates in space at a CONTINUOUS SPEED, NOT IN PITCH... THIS IS THE FACT WE NOTE, THAT BETWEEN THE FIRST EVENT (change of state of the first point) AND THE SECOND EVENT (reciprocal change of state of the second point) - TIME HAS GONE.

After all, it's clear that NOTHING WAS going on... Two EVENTS (cause and effect) did not happen at the same time.

And what have we got?
We got the definition of the term "TIME" as we REALLY USE it in our daily lives, as "THE PROPERTY OF SPACE TO SPRAY EXPERIENCE WITH A FINAL SPEED SPEED" (!).

What's the big deal?

Reason: