What form, let's assume a physical body, does time have? Your opinion. - page 34

Wow - Fermat's Theorem is proven! How did I miss this moment? :) http://wpiter.narod.ru/ferma.html

"... I have known for a long time that the only real moment in time is 'now'. But it is not clear to me how such a long sequence of sensations can be contained within it? Does it mean that this moment, if one is strictly in it and does not slip into the past or the future, can be stretched to such an extent that phenomena like the one I have just experienced become possible?

- Where are you going to stretch it?

- I didn't put it correctly. Does it mean that this moment, this boundary between the past and the future, is the door to eternity?

Chapaev moved the barrel of his Mauser, and I fell silent. For some time he looked at me with a feeling that was akin to disbelief.

- This moment, Petyka, is eternity. Not a door," he said. - So how can you say it ever happens? When are you going to come to your senses...

- Never," I answered.

Chapaev's eyes went round.

- Look, Petya," he said in surprise. - Did you get it?"

Abzasc:

The difficulty is in proving existence.

Take a cup falling off a table as an example.

What is the present here?
Rather, just the past and the future...

Svinozavr:
"... I have long known that the only real moment in time is 'now'. But it's not clear to me how such a long sequence of sensations can be contained within it? Does it mean that this moment, if you stay strictly in it and don't slide into either the past or the future, can be stretched to such an extent that phenomena like the one I just experienced become possible?
We don't live in the "now" - we live in the moment, which is one moment in the past. We are constantly reminded that the "now" moment has just passed. So we are always one step behind the present.

DhP:

Take a cup falling off the table as an example.

A change in the physical parameters of the body in the present.

drknn:
It's from Vityka Pelevin ....

Svinozavr:
"... I have known for a long time that the only real moment in time is 'now'. But it is not clear to me how such a long sequence of sensations can be contained within it? Does it mean that this moment, if one is strictly in it and does not slip into the past or the future, can be stretched to such an extent that phenomena like the one I have just experienced become possible?

- Where are you going to stretch it?

- I didn't put it correctly. Does it mean that this moment, this boundary between the past and the future, is the door to eternity?

Chapaev moved the barrel of his Mauser, and I fell silent. For some time he looked at me with a feeling that was akin to disbelief.

- This moment, Petyka, is eternity. Not a door," he said. - So how can you say it ever happens? When are you going to come to your senses...

- Never," I answered.

Chapaev's eyes went round.

- Look, Petya," he said in surprise. - Did you get it?"

"Chapaev and emptiness" ?

Abzasc:
A change in the physical parameters of the body in the present.

So in the present just the parameters?

And the cup?

Offtop: I've found that my (and not only my) indicators (from the code base) are sold (the price is symbolic but still a shame) without my knowledge, where to complain?

DhP 09.01.2011 21:56 am | delete
Abzasc:
Changing the physical parameters of the body in the present.

So only the parameters are in the present?

And the cup?

Maybe we're just in a real "readout" of the parameters, like a film frame by frame, or like an mp3 player does?

Reason: