An expert with intelligence. Concept.

Good day to all who are interested in this thread.

In this article I would like to discuss the various aspects of EA development that should be taken into account, discuss the obstacles to real-time trading and, if possible, find solutions to these problems. To outline the method of trading the Expert Advisor that will be the basis of this article. Make the EA as flexible and versatile as possible.

The reason for the discussion on this topic is due to a slight misconception of the developments, in one way or another, I was making progress with quite good results and all that. But there was always something missing. So all those who have faced this problem, let us solve it and specify what an EA should be able to do.

I suggest that we start with defining the trading method.

P.S.

We will periodically sum up the results of our debates and specify the following topics for discussion

At this point, my colleague and I have worked through many points in creating the Expert Advisor, but there is always a feeling of missing the most important element... I will share my thoughts and new conclusions as the dialogue progresses.

My suggestion about the trading method: an Expert Advisor should be a trend one and if it is implemented correctly, it can always be used as a good basis for expanding the trading possibilities. We will not consider pipsewing methods at all, all this is beautiful in the tester

What is a "trend-following EA"? (Please don't say "an EA that only trades on trend":))

alsu:
What is a "trend-following EA"? (Don't tell me it is "an EA that only trades on a trend":)))

Well, it is an Expert Advisor that strives for this at least, for this you need to define the indicators

I have these kinds of indicators but they have their own peculiarity which is a vulnerability. Let's say a flat area, a deep correction...

they look like this:

So, if we want to write a "trend advisor", first of all we have to learn how to distinguish a trend from a flat. In time (not post factum) and correctly. I.e. we need at least an indicator that does this (I won't mention the number of times this topic has already been raised on this forum).

Further, if we can confidently and timely say "this is a trend", then obviously we can also indicate its direction.

The question is:

a) What the fuck do we need Expert Advisors if we can simply follow the trend and smoke cigarettes made of hundred-dollar paper while lazily watching the growth of equity?

b) Have we invented a grail here?

Does your brainchild have these red and green dashes as pillars of intelligence? Or does intelligence mean something else?

What is a trend, what is a flat is a philosophical discussion

what can be called a trend on a 5 min, on the clock it's a flat.

most of the so-called trend indusers are just filters and no more........

the task of technical analysis is to Predict price movements based on historical data, (identifying highs and lows)

The way indices are used now is as signal filters .

zhuki:

Does your brainchild have these red and green dashes as pillars of intelligence? Or does intelligence mean something else?

I have serious problems with the exit and the moment of a real entry if we switch on filtration and divide the movement into a trade and a flat.

FLET:

the task of technical analysis is to Predict price movements based on historical data, (identifying highs and lows)

the way indices are used now is as signal filters .

I don't make predictions at all and it's not a good thing to do... I'm sticking to the present time based on current changes.

FLET:

What is a trend, a flat is a philosophical discussion

what you may call a trend on a 5-minute chart is a flat.

most of the so called trend indices are just filters and nothing more........

I don't know about this one, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

EricGR:
I have serious problems with the exit and the moment of a real entry, if we include filtration and split the movement into a trade and a flat.
Perhaps you should rename the EA to "Trend Advisor, Concept". It doesn't seem to fit the theme name.

zhuki:
Вы бы тогда тему переименовали бы,например "трендовый советник,концепция". Как то не соответствует имя темы.

i just made a suggestion from my side, if someone thinks otherwise, i may consider other suggestions.

alsu:

If it were that simple, I wouldn't have brought up this topic!

I repeat that at the moment in the method I suggested, where the tool for indicating the trend is already defined , the main problem is the flat and the exit

Reason: