Is it possible to programmatically find ALL horizontal channels/floats at a certain time interval or at least formulate the ToR correctly? - page 4

jartmailru:

Oh, for crying out loud...

Is it for you, Vladimir, like, to determine in real time, without knowing what is on the right (!) chart,

that it's a horizontal channel?! :-)))

And like any movement outside the channel actually gives a hint to the trend direction :-) ?!

Like... went out of the channel = channel ended and did not return to the channel :-) ...

Anyway... I finally found out the class of the problem :-).

I give an addition to the ToR: the algorithm for calculating the channel should guarantee the future :-).

eep... :) what future when we gather statistics in the past? :)

sever29:

:))

you really can't understand what I'm trying to say :))) at the level of telepathy, I think I can convey it, but with words... :) it means that the conceptual apparatus is undeveloped:) but my imagination is developed in my head. :) it means that the conceptual apparatus is not developed:) but my imagination and the "picture" in my head are:) agree that everyone has his own "cockroaches" ...

I just want to catch the price in all(!) Flats and have it show me its statistics of behaviour in it :)

I think the answer is simple. If the price behaves in a channel that was built not as in a flat, then it's not a flat.

And to exclude the "non-flat" zones, it is enough to make an experiment on each bar.

jartmailru:

1. Well, why not then, say, set the task of identifying true trend reversal points :-).

2. The answer seems to me to be simple. If the price does not behave in the flat when the channel is built, then it is not a flat.

And to exclude the "non-flat" zones, it's enough to make an experiment on every bar.

1. not all at once:) we'll soon get to that too:)

2. Experiments must be performed, but what does it have to do with "on each bar"?

sever29:

2. Experiments have to be conducted, but what does it have to do with "on every bar"?

If the flat zone is two or more touches of the channel borders, the experiment should be performed on every bar. This is how we calculate (and mark) all cases when this zone occurs.

What are the other methods?

Hmmm... How about... On every bar, just by trying every possible mid-channel position...?

jartmailru:
If the flat zone consists of two or more hits on the channel borders, the experiment should be conducted on every bar. This is how all cases where this zone occurs are calculated (and marked).

What zone?

I may be a little confused... If the flat zone is two touches to the channel boundaries, then the experiment is done on every bar.

Flat area = Flat area = Flat

jartmailru:

If the flat zone is two or more touches of the channel borders, the experiment is put on every bar. This is the way to calculate (and mark) all cases where this zone occurs.

What are the other ways?

Hmmm... How about... on every bar, only by trying every possible position of the middle of the channel...?

that is the question of the topic :))

if I suggest a stupid search of channels where the borders are defined by price marks equidistant from each other by a certain value in pp. (Maybe there are other methods I don't know about ...

I don't understand why bars should be used. You may use this method to define one channel and then add and subtract one pip from every edge of this channel to define others and detect flats. ZZ, bars - I don't think we can solve the problem with them.

sever29:

If I suggest a blunt search of channels where boundaries are defined by price marks equidistant from each other by a given value in pp. (Maybe there are other ways I don't know about...

Right. The normal way.

sever29:

I don't understand why bars should be used. You may use this method to define one channel and then add and subtract one pip from every edge of this channel to define others and detect flats. ZZ, bars - I do not think they will solve the problem.

"Bar" - in this context I'm using it synonymously with "time point" +

some kind of reference price.

I.e. the channel is built starting from some point in time. On the M15 chart-

from the start point to the end point in 15 minute steps. I.e., for example, a certain set of channels

ranging from 45 to 55 pips in width is drawn from the line ranging from the opening price of the current bar

the current bar from 1 to 50 pips downwards and then from 1 to 50 pips upwards.

Useful reading... Maybe from this place.

;)

jartmailru:

1. "Bar" - in this context I use it as a synonym for "time point" +

some kind of indicative price.

2. i.e. a channel is built from a point in time. On the M15 chart-

from the start point to the end point in steps of 15 minutes.

3. i.e. for example, a certain set of channels

with the width from 45 to 55 pips is drawn from the line ranging from the opening price of the current bar from 1 to 50 pips.

the current bar goes from 1 to 50 pips down, and then from 1 to 50 pips up.

1. But the "bar" is "stretched" in time, isn't it? Indeed, its price is "indicative", and we need a specific, four-digit one... :)

2. well, you don't need a TF and a "time step", especially 15min....

3. yes, i agree, but i just don't like - "and then", i think not "and then", but immediately, simultaneously.

Reason: