Stops - page 3

Good morning!

I'm going to go in reverse. Many - very - declare: You don't need feet!

Quite a normal statement. Let's review. Arguments for (stops are unnecessary!): // add

1. they (stops) are triggered exactly where I need to open a position. // have you tried putting them "not there"? )))

2. It's not comfy, because you can't drink champagne...

Gentlemen... I don't see it any further. Why don't you fill me in?

3. Stops are not needed if they are far away, so they don't get accidentally knocked down

4. Feet are not needed if they are close, so as not to be accidentally knocked down

5. Stops are not necessary if they are being hunted by DCs... competitors etc.

6. Stops are not needed if there is nothing to lose

7. Stops are not needed if you are a market maker

8. Stops are not needed if you are Messing or Vanga or Nostradamus ... the list goes on and on.

9. Stops are not needed if you are a brokerage house owner

10. Stops are not needed if you do not know where to put them

Leave what you think is necessary from this list, then we will try to continue )))

))) Thank you. LOL... // "... so it's morning!"

ok. Let's continue. A little later...

It didn't work for me.

Maybe (I don't bloody believe it!), who has a standpoint of a TS that works on loss limitation?

Svinozavr:

It didn't work for me.

Maybe (I don't fucking believe it!), who has a STATE of TS, working on loss limitation?

From a logical point of view such a TS is unrealistic, because limiting losses implies knowing the future (limitation means that losses may become even larger, so they must be limited), and he who knows the future will not go against the trend.

Stops have many functions, so it is difficult to talk about them as a simple element of the TS.

Stops limit losses in the account in terms of money

Stop-limits losses in the account in percentage terms

Stop-limits losses in the account if the trend changes

Stop-limits losses in the account, thus protecting potential profits

Stop-limit stop-loss when there is a change in volatility

Restrict stop-loss allowance in case of news, holidays or other issues when account management is unavailable

Stop-loss limits the losses in the account, but must not contradict the general market picture, random events, etc.

Stops limit losses in an account as dictated by statistics on the size or location of previous periods.

In general, to make a perfect stop, you need to get so smart and combine all points in one point on a chart, that it is easier not to use it at all :)

It's sad, brothers...

There's nothing left for the poor trader.

Who, as you know, is easily offended... I'm crying...

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

It's not all so sad!

Stops are an entry/exit method based on elementary price action - reaching a level. Elementary because it does not take into account other price flow conditions - time and volume. It is convenient because it is supported by any broker and executed on its server, which somewhat increases the reliability of execution.

In fact, there are only two ways to enter/exit - limit and market (including stop). There is not much to choose from))). The lack of elementality of stop as a conditional exit can be eliminated by its dynamic recalculation (where appropriate and there is a proven statistical logic).

Avals:

Stops are an entry/exit method based on elementary price action - reaching a level. Elementary because it does not take into account other price flow conditions - time and volume. It is convenient because it is supported by any broker and executed on its server, which somewhat increases the reliability of execution.

In fact, there are only two ways to enter/exit - limit and market (including stop). There is not much to choose from))). The lack of elementary character of stop as a conditional exit may be eliminated by its dynamic recalculation.

What is there to discuss? That the sky is blue and water is wet?

That's not the point. It's about how to be in the market and not fly out...

Svinozavr:

What is there to discuss here? That the sky is blue and the water is wet?

That's not the point. It's about how to be in the market and not fly out...

A quick transfer of the stop to Breakeven, for example. But this is only in a fast market, which happens quite rarely (to the total trading time). On a breakout of an extremum, for example.

Svinozavr:

What is there to discuss here? That the sky is blue and the water is wet?

That's not the point. It's about how to be on the market and not get out...

The questions are different.

1. How to be in the market and not fly out.

2. How to be in the market and not get flown in.

The rest are all special cases.

Reason: