ontick function in eas

I have a couple of expert advisors stored away in a single profile on mt5, while using other profiles for different analyses. Since they are using OnTick function, do they work in the background or do i have to have the charts they are attached to on the foreground?

michealm:
I have a couple of expert advisors stored away in a single profile on mt5, while using other profiles for different analyses. Since they are using OnTick function, do they work in the background or do i have to have the charts they are attached to on the foreground

What do you mean by "profile" ?  if you mean account then you need to be logged into the account for them to work on your MT5 terminal 

If you are logged into the account then they will work so long as they are attached to chart it does not matter if that chart is minimized so long as it is not closed

michealm:
I have a couple of expert advisors stored away in a single profile on mt5, while using other profiles for different analyses. Since they are using OnTick function, do they work in the background or do i have to have the charts they are attached to on the foreground?

No they don't work in the background. They need to be attached to an open chart.

You should better use a VPS.

Reason: