How do you calculate the length of a line from the coordinates? - page 15

AlexSTAL:

Ladies and gentlemen! Calculate the hypotenuse and the ratio in percentages. You're not stupid people...

Or read the thread.... Would you have the hypotenuse in parrot-apples?

Excuse me, what exactly are you having trouble with? Calculating the ratio of hypotenuse as a percentage or the dimensionality?

Comrade Pythagoras can help you calculate the hypotenuse, and there is no dimensionality here because the ratio of quantities with the same dimensionality is always a dimensionless quantity. It's kind of obvious. :)

=100.0*MathSqrt(MathPow(x2/x1,2)+MathPow(y2/y1,2));

x and y are the lengths of the cathetuses, resulting in a percentage of the hypotenuse.

AlexSTAL:

Ladies and gentlemen! Calculate the hypotenuse and the ratio in percentages. It's not like we're stupid people...

Or read the thread.... Would you have the hypotenuse in parrot-apples?

If everyone starts shouting and getting indignant, it could indicate the following: either you're doing something wrong, or you're not doing it the same way as everyone else. If you think you are doing it right, it may be worth wondering why nobody else is doing it the way you are doing it.

Integer:

Like those pixels are not parrot-apples.

A pixel is a square thing (with a margin of error).

Andrei01:

I'm sorry, what exactly are you having trouble with? With the calculation of the ratio of hypotenuse in percent or with the dimensionality?

Comrade Pythagoras can help you with calculation of hypotenuse, and there is no dimensionality here, because the ratio of quantities with the same dimension is always a dimensionless quantity. It's kind of obvious. :)

All the bridges to write...

Integer:

x and y are the lengths of the cathetuses, the result is the percentage of the hypotenuse.

Calculating:

100.0 * MathSqrt( MathPow(0.1444/0.2812, 2) + MathPow(40/3, 2) ) = 1301.0138

And what do we get as a result?

sanyooooook:
If everyone starts shouting and resenting, it could be saying that either you're doing something wrong or you're not doing it like everyone else. If you think you are doing it right, then you should wonder why no one else is doing it the way you are doing it.

No one does - because no one needed it... that's all...

No one's ever had a TC like that... it's all trivial...

AlexSTAL:

No one does - because no one needed it... that's all...

No one had a TC like that... it's all trivial...

You think you are a pioneer in calculating line length from coordinates, judging by the responses you are not the first.

AlexSTAL:

Everyone is a pisspot...
So decipher at last what exactly makes it so difficult for you to do this simple thing?

Andrei01:
So why don't you explain why this simple thing is so difficult for you?

That's what I'm saying - using my example, write me how many percent longer/shorter one segment is than the other:

Bar 1: 0.1444 pips / 40 bars

Bar 2: 0.2812 pips / 3 bars

In formulas, not in words: "didn't you go to 3rd grade, you forgot Pythagoras"?

sanyooooook:
You think you're a pioneer in calculating line lengths from coordinates, judging by your answers you're not the first.

I don't think I'm anything.

I haven't seen a single reply that says anything of substance. Only flubber...

AlexSTAL:

in formulas, not in words: "Didn't you go to 3rd grade and forgot Pythagoras?"

You really must have forgotten if you're asking someone to help you make up the Pythagoras formula. :)

Why don't you just be honest? :)

Reason: