Study1: multi-currency analysis for scalping and beyond - page 12

IgorM:

There is another direction to look - look for a link to gold, because the price of gold goes through USD, and the major majors are also in relation to USD.

The exchange rate of gold against USD behaves the same way as the other majors. At least I did not notice any difference at the moment.

You should consider only liquid pairs (+ large turnover) . I do not know the liquidity of gold.

here is the topic https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/113173

the topicstarter correctly raises the question there - how closed system the currency market is, if the currency market were a closed system, then it would ALWAYS be possible to hedge the same currency pairs without regard to correlation and other checks

IgorM:

here is the topic https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/113173

the topic starters correctly raises the question - how closed system the currency market is, if the currency market were a closed system, then one could ALWAYS hedge the same currency pairs without regard to correlation and other checks

well, if we assume that it is a closed system. could it mean that a change in price in one currency pair may mean a change in price of another pair multiplied by some coefficient and that this coefficient remains constant?

I don't think closedness plays a big role here, it all depends on the supply and demand balance of each instrument separately, although we could try to investigate this issue as well.

so you can't hedge in this way.

I have already written that there is no distortion in forex. All instruments work out instantly. If the system is closed, it works out immediately. It cannot be otherwise.

The multicurrency analysis is different. It is necessary to investigate the simultaneous movement of the indexes of one pair in one frequency band. There are many regularities in this case. We should only look for the ways to obtain earlier signals, but it is another matter.

Zhunko:

I have already written that there is no distortion in forex. All tools work out instantly. If the system is closed, it works out immediately.

I don't agree, I made a script tracking small swings (arbitrage), based on synthetics, there are swings up to 10 pips(Digits==4)

ZZY: also did the calculation of bid and ask for a synthetic, sometimes it turned out that asc <bid(Digits==5)

ZZZY: but it's more likely a flaw of a brokerage company.

Zhunko:

I have already written that there is no distortion in forex. All instruments work out instantly. If the system is closed, it works out immediately. It cannot be otherwise.

The multicurrency analysis is different. It is necessary to investigate the simultaneous movement of the indexes of one pair in one frequency band. There are many regularities in this case. We only need to find the ways to obtain the earlier signals, but it is a different case.

We have to define the notion of skewness to be able to say whether it is there or not. If you call arbitrage skew then it is almost non-existent. The other skewnesses are described at the beginning of the thread.

About bandwidth and number of patterns - it's in language you can understand. Is it possible to explain?

How closed is the system? Why are there not simultaneous "candles" in all currencies?

SZS:I also disagree about skews - sometimes there is a simultaneous small move in all currencies in one direction - usually at the beginning of the American session - it looks very much like a correction in all currencies at once

sanyooooook:

I don't agree, I made a script tracking small skews, based on synthetics, there are skews up to 10 pips(Digits==4)

I did the same, but spread and slippage do not allow to take profit from these skews. And these skews have nothing to do with real forex, they are peculiar only to the brokerage companies with mt4 realities.

sanyooooook:

I don't agree, I made a script to track small skews, based on synthetics, there are skews up to 10 points(Digits==4)

ZS: also did calculation of bid and ask for synthetics, sometimes it turned out that ask<bid(Digits==5)

The information on all such situations + the ability to trade on them is in the arbitrage Expert Advisor in CodeBase.

hrenfx:
Information on all such situations + the ability to trade on them can be found in the arbitrage advisor in CodeBase.
Yes, his motivation gave me enthusiasm in this area as well )
Reason: