Where can I buy a book on EA programming? - page 3

Ivan Ovchinnikov:
Who knows where to buy a book on EA programming? I need a desk-top book, and it needs to be written in a simpler way.

Better start with a YouTube video - it's the quickest way to get started

In a month you may be able to write something yourself.

Vladimir Gribachev:

Better start with a YouTube video - it's the quickest way to get started

In a month you can write something yourself.

1 Come on. I haven't seen such a video on YouTube .....

I want to print Kovalev's textbook so that I can save my eyes ............. and then I can see further (with saved eyes).1)

Zvezdochet:

1 Come on. I've never seen such a video on YouTube ......

I want to print Kovalev's tutorial so that I can save my eyes ............. and then I can see further (with saved eyes).1)

search in youtube -> click there "MQL lessons" -> see

I saw a book on emculus in a bookstore somewhere. But the author there is just a writer of books on different programming languages.

What good is a book whose author only studied emculus to write a book?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
Even those who advise you to study it don't know how to do that.

Do you know what I write in, or don't I? Never mind.

There is a book, just type in Trading Robot in One Evening

You open a kodobase, look for an indicator that is not too big in terms of code size, download it and see how it works. Then you open its code, or, better yet, print it out for easy reference and examine it line by line: if you don't know what it is, you open the mql help section and read and understand it, open the example from help and see how it works. If you have disassembled one indicator, download another and repeat the procedure. You will understand in a month that everything is not so complicated, the main thing is to remember the main things and where to look for them in the help. As mql environment removes many things from user, it's not the best idea to start with c++/s. Programming is a collection of ways to implement an algorithm, the existing mql framework is a good starting point. For a better understanding of programming ideas I recommend to read Knuth, or better to start with reading it and after a week already on the algorithm above.

Unicornis:
Open a kodobase, look for a small code size indicator, download it and see how it works.

You are right to say that to learn how to program, it is not enough to know the syntax of a programming language, you need to be able to read and understand other people's code.

Unicornis:
You open a kodobase, look for an indicator that is not too big in terms of code size, download it and see how it works. Then you open its code, or, better yet, print it out for easy reference and examine it line by line: if you don't know what it is, you open mql help section and read and understand it, open the example from help and see how it works. If you have disassembled one indicator, download another and repeat the procedure. You will understand in a month that everything is not so complicated, the main thing is to remember the main things and where to look for them in the help. As mql environment removes many things from user, it's not the best idea to start with c++/s. Programming is a collection of ways to implement an algorithm, the existing mql framework is a good starting point. For better understanding of programming ideas I recommend to read Knuth, or better to start from reading it and after a week already on the algorithm above.
I know a fellow programmer once told me so:The main idea is to change the symbol on the left hand side of the editor and the expert advisor creation wizard appears (in the left upper corner of the editor). You will find this code in the Experts folder in the Data folder in MQL format. You open this code again in the editor, hover the cursor over a word like property and press F1, and a page will pop up explaining the word. I did it but there are lots of incomprehensible words explaining the word property ..... I got it again: why two lines to the right? Why two? What if it's left? What if it's straight? What about one? he told me: "go ahead and experiment" i did it and the program won't let me compile and down in the basement there is a brick - no transit allowed and errrr .... I go back to the programmer - what's the problem? He says, "Get off me, you idiot."

Ivan Ovchinnikov:
Who knows where to buy a book on EA programming? I need a desktop book, and it should be easier to write.

Once upon a time it was written on this forum:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

MQL5: Advanced Use of the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform" book appeared on Amazon and LitRes

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2016.08.03 10:26

In July 2016, a textbook on the MQL5 programming language written by Timur Mashnin became available at online bookstores:

This book will become an additional source of information about MQL5 for beginners in trading and will help them in making their first steps in creating trading robots and indicators for the multimarket platform MetaTrader 5. The beginning of the book can be found here.

Read and start programming MQL5 robots that can trade around the clock without your involvement!

Or here: a book on MQL4: Expert Advisor Programming

Reason: