Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 6

Why create a lock at all?

It's not profitable, obviously, compared to closing when the lock is put in, and to buying sell when it's collapsed. ) ?

TVA_11:

It's not profitable, obviously, compared to closing when the lock is put in, and to buying sell when it's collapsed. ) ?

Do you think that the DCs are doing everything for YOUR benefit?

drknn:

Provocation won't work - I'm picky :)

So what? Just don't want to share a gift?

I'm willing to pay... I lose more on spreads =)

forcegrid:

So what? You just don't want to share a gift?

I'm willing to pay... I lose more on spreads =)

I just think I gave the most detailed instructions earlier. What more do you want? A technique for identifying trend reversal points? You can google these techniques in abundance - anyone can choose the one that best suits their personality. What's the problem?

For example, here is one of such systems - I made a screenshot of a flat trend formation.

As you can see on the screenshot, enter long only when the "bar" indicator has no red tones (red and pink). Going short is the opposite signal.

This pattern of mine is pretty good at filtering out the flotsam. On the flops in the flush points the combination of bars has both red and green shades at the same time, thus prohibiting trading at all. And those minor losses that still occur on the flat positions are repelled quite well by the trend ones. The secret of success of this trading system is correct position management - lot, stops, trawl and partial closes. The rules of this TS had to be formulated by myself. You can say that I collected this TS in pieces. And it took me years of failures, disappointments, work on myself, and I lost a lot of money in trying to figure out what was important and what was not. I am now actively using this trading system on the real account (and it's not the only one).

Why did I put this screen here? Just wanted to show that it's possible to find your own.

Not so long ago I offered in this forum to buy this thing from me - the guy was asking the same questions about trends. The man refused, accusing me of being a self-help forum and not a marketplace. I replied that I would not sell this product. Well, so be it - look and you will find.

P.S.

You understand that having a trading system like this in hand, to get into a lock is difficult. But even if this happens, having similar tips (a template created by this trading system + a set of tricks for exiting a position I gave earlier), it is possible to destroy the locked positions. It will take some time and effort, but it is possible.

TVA_11:

Eh, man, all I do is use lots in trading (while I'm practicing on the demo). On average I get 70 pips a day (4th digit). I've got a good feedback from forum users - it's a lost cause. But so far I am able to manage loops without any problems.

The tale of Munchausen, how he pulled himself out by his own hair. How is it that so many people can't understand that a lock is just a fixed loss. The way of dealing with it is absolutely the same as in normal trading. There is no difference between opening a position at a loss and waiting for the chance to win or, instead of closing it, opening a counter-order and waiting for the last position to be opened (or for the third order to be opened). The lock is equal to the lack of orders (except for the fact that the loss is increased due to the swap).

Integer:

The tale of Munchausen, how he pulled himself out by his own hair. How is it that so many people can't understand that a lock is just a fixed loss. The way of dealing with it is absolutely the same as in normal trading. There is no difference between opening a position at a loss and waiting for the chance to win or, instead of closing it, opening a counter-order and waiting for the last position to be opened (or for the third order to be opened). The lock is equal to the lack of orders (except for the fact that the loss is increased due to the swap).

Exactly. I would also put it this way. If the lock has been set, then you can safely continue trading as usual (taking into account the new amount of free funds) without paying any attention to it. And, as soon as the profit from trading is equal to the loss of the lock or exceeds it, we can easily close all the positions and trade without having a lock in the market. In general, loc is more like a frog than a business tool :).

Integer:

The tale of Munchausen, how he pulled himself out by his own hair. How is it that so long and so many people fail to understand that a lock is just a fixed loss. The way of dealing with it is absolutely the same as in normal trading. There is no difference between opening a position at a loss and waiting for the chance to win or, instead of closing it, opening a counter-order and waiting for the last position to be opened (or for the third order to be opened). The lock is equal to the lack of orders (except for the fact that the loss is increased due to the swap).

I agree. But this trading algorithm suits me psychologically. I don't use any indicators, open buy and sell orders at once, set the required profit, and then set a lock. I do not care where the price goes. If it goes up, the hell with it; if it goes down, the hell with it. The price makes 6-7-8 U-turns, the fuck with it too.

Loca separation is a manifestation of a transcultural tradition (the Russians are the champions in it, though, and possibly the creators): we create difficulties for ourselves so that we can then heroically overcome them.

Apart from swaps, losses in some of the DCs. The losses of some brokerage companies that prohibit closing of counter orders (OrdersCloseBy), will also be on spreads.

But there are no reasonable reasons for using locks, except perhaps two (at a stretch)):
1. Cognitive-psychological comfort - MT shows balance, not equity. (Conspiracy buffs will probably see this as a conspiracy!)) This is especially handy for people (how shall I say this, so as not to be too offensive?) umm... with intellectual disabilities who have completely forgotten primary schools arithmetic. Or those who can't face reality - ostrich people.
2. "Portfolio" supposedly "independent" running of several advisers on a single instrument.

Everything else is rubbish, so I won't even mention it.

Reason: