LET'S SAY THAT ... - page 13

denis_orlov >>:

На рынке работает только одна система.
Покупай ДЕШЕВО, продавай ДОРОГО.
Осталось лишь определить эти ДОРОГО и ДЕШЕВО...

I realise, of course, that this is a joke of humour, BUT!
Let me rephrase: buy cheaper than you can sell, and vice versa...

moskitman >>:

я, конечно, понимаю, что это шутка юмора такая, НО!
позвольте перефразировать: покупай ДЕШЕВЛЕ, чем сможешь продать, ну и наоборот...

And I'm serious. )

The correction is not accepted, because in forex "you can sell" i.e. the further value of the commodity does not depend on us. The market itself offers its own prices, its own highs and lows.

Думаю, что да. Например, доллар похудел/вырос. а компания зависима от экспорта/импорта.

Actually, I was referring to an American company whose shares are denominated in American dollars and which operates exclusively in the states, e.g. a pizza franchise. It doesn't care about the dollar. Why is it worth 5% less today than yesterday? What could have changed in one day?
Or let's look at the market as a whole - in two days the SP500 was up 2% and today it's down the same 2%. That's technically billions of dollars of capitalisation. Why are they pounding so hard? Is there something wrong with the companies? Or is there something wrong with the traders that their hands are shaking - up and down? Is this shaking meaningful or is it random noise?

C-4 >>:
to:timbo.
По первому возражению никаких противоречий нет. Экономические модели допускают иррациональное поведение группы индивидов.
По второму, не стоит путать так называемую "гипотезу эффективных рынков" предложенную математиками и реальные рынки. По всей видимости вы действительно не плохо разбираетесь в математике, но в вопросах экономики плаваете.
По третьему пункту см. пункт второй.
По четвертому, мне лично не понятно, что такое справедливая цена? Значит есть справедливые, хорошие цены а есть плохие, несправедливые? Раз допустим что это может быть, тогда значит некоторую часть времени на рынке заключаются сделки по несправедливым ценам? Но раз цены не справедливые зачем тогда заключать сделки вообще? Видимо те, кто заключают сделки в этот момент не думают что цена не справедливая? В общем справедливость и несправедливость - понятия сугубо личные и к экономической теории не относятся. Я не психолог и обсуждать эфемерные понятия не умею.

В качестве фундаментального ограничителя эффективности рынков я назвал закон спроса и предложения, кое-кто интуитивно правильно понимает его действия и в качестве доказательств даже приводил несколько графиков. Однако по все видимости большая часть технически одаренных товарищей не считают включать этот закон в повестку дня, предпочитая обсуждать бессмысленные приращения логарифмов случайной величины.

You used the expression 'fair price' in the first post, so why are you using terms you don't understand? :-)
In general, we have the following construction:
1. Fair price is an economic term, not a psychological one - it is the real value of the asset, that could be estimated if we take into account all the objective parameters that affect it. For example, a stock is the value of a company, which is defined as the value of all future cashflow.
2. the people who make up the market cannot assign a fair price because firstly, the future is unknown and secondly, people are irrational. That is, the market will never set a fair price for a commodity. As Reshetov once beautifully said, but on another occasion, "The market is always wrong". Transactions in the market are always at an "unfair" price, but there is no such term, just the notion of a market price, which is never the same as a fair price.
3. Traders, investors and speculators try to determine this fair price, bet on their vision of a fair price in the face of constantly new information and create trading noise, which has little to do with the fair price.

Supply and demand is all well and good, but one has to wonder what shapes supply and demand for worthless paper, stocks for example, or derivatives? It is the mirage of a fair price. Everyone strives for it, no one ever achieves it. Someone thinks the asset is undervalued (the market price is below fair), wants to buy it and creates demand. Another decided that the same asset is overvalued, above fair price, decided to sell and created a supply.

timbo >>:

Вообще-то я имел ввиду американскую компанию, акции которой номинированы в американских долларах, и которая действует исключитльно в штатах, например, пицца франчайз. Ей пофиг курс доллара. Почему она сегодня стоит на 5% меньше, чем вчера? Что могло измениться за один день?
Или посмотрим на рынок в целом - за два дня SP500 вырос на 2%, а сегодня упал на те же 2%. Формально это миллиарды долларов капитализации. Чего их так колотит? Что-то не так с компаниями? Или что-то не так с трейдерами, что у них руки трясутся - то вверх, то вниз? Носит ли эта тряска осмысленный характер или это рэндомный шум?

I mean, even assuming the projected cash flow (in dollars) remains unchanged - a change in the exchange rate could change its value for the cosmopolitan investor. ;)

In general, it is a separate philosophical question whether or not there is pure chance in the world.
Most reliably, there is no such thing as chance...

TVA_11 >>:

Вообще, это отдельный философский вопрос, есть ли чистая случайность в мире, или ее нет.
Наиболее достоверно, что случаности как таковой не существует..

This is not a very philosophical answer.

In fact, physical reality doesn't exist either. But man has come up with many theories to help us work through this illusion.

Mathemat >>:

На самом деле физической реальности тоже не существует. Но человек придумал множество теорий, которые помогают нам работать с этой иллюзией.

And you even know this person... That's me.
Though I am not a man, but a thinking ocean. And forex and all of you are just my dream, I am dreaming, I will wake up and all this nightmare will be over.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

This is not a very philosophical answer.

In fact, physical reality doesn't exist either. But man has come up with many theories to help us work around this illusion.

How so, doesn't exist?
Why should the world around us be considered an illusion, what is the criterion?

TVA_11 писал(а) >>

How so, doesn't exist?
Why should the world around us be considered an illusion, what is the criterion?

Everything is made up of energy, its movement in atoms, electrons has gone round and round it has become static - frozen. All there is is a store of energy.
Reason: