LET'S SAY THAT ... - page 8

timbo >>:

Вау! Похоже ты близок к открытию GARCH модели.

:)) IMHO - it's still a swear word around here. :) I wonder why "our" programmer hasn't run away before.

So many overconfident people here. And in fact it turns out that their knowledge is very superficial. And even more, I can say. :-)

Atic >>:

:)) IMHO - тут это еще ругательство. :) Я удивляюсь почему "наш" programmer еще разьше не сбежал.

Столько сверх-самоуверенных людей тут. А на самом деле оказывается что их знания очень поверхностные. И даже больше можно сказать. :-)

The words "opinionated" and "knowledgeable" are not synonymous.

Atic >>:

А напрасно Вы сами уверенны, что Вы поняли науку :)) о теории вероятности.

Well, I'm not an inquisitor, if you want to believe it, believe it, as long as it's on your own dime.

Atic >>:

:)) IMHO - тут это еще ругательство. :) Я удивляюсь почему "наш" programmer еще разьше не сбежал.

Столько сверх-самоуверенных людей тут. А на самом деле оказывается что их знания очень поверхностные. И даже больше можно сказать. :-)

"Your" programmer hasn't escaped, he's been kicked out again. And I think you'd better follow him on Twitter and practice some artistic whistling.

timbo >>:

Однозначно ошибаешься. Характер распределения ничего не говорит об ограничении величины. Наверняка есть какие-нубудь исключения, но в общем случае так. Ограничения накладываются параметрами распределения. Например: нормально распределённые преращения ~N(0,1). Это стационарный процесс, он имеет ограничения величины, он практически никогда не достигнет 4 или -4.

А вот цена, которая получилась из этих приращений. Это случайное блуждание. Оно тоже имеет нормальное распределение ~N(0,sigma^2), но его параметер дисперсии не константа, а растёт с увеличением времени, т.е. количества приращений. Естественно, никаких ограничений по величине этот процесс не имеет и с одинаковой вероятностью посетит все точки. На этом основана задача о раззорении игрока - если играть достаточно долго в абсолютно честную игру (50:50), то всё равно проиграешь, т.к. рано или поздно вот эта кривая заведёт тебя ниже, чем у тебя есть денег.

А вот 1000 случайных блужданий, очевидно виден колокол нормального распределения.

А вот то, что ты говоришь о возврате к среднему, это совсем другая история, это mean-reverting процесс - autoregressive (AR)
x(i) = a * x(i-1) + e(i). e(i) преращения ~N(0,1), a < 1.

Если ты нашёл торгуемый mean-reverting процесс, то тут только успевай корзинки с капустой оттаскивать. Естественно, зависит от параметров - скорости возврата к среднему (a) - но в любом случае всё круто.

Great pictures, great work.

Just answer one question about the bell, can the EUR to USD exchange rate be 1:100 or 100:1,

I don't think it can, as it would tear the forex market to shreds.

The world economy is a closed system, currencies compete with each other like rations in a bank, but no one can withdraw strongly, because economies are interdependent and the fall of the European economy affects the Japanese.

Therefore infinite expansion of the bell is impossible,

Unless they reorganize to take into account the new circumstances and recognize the status quo (like the ruble),

but then again, when the situation is fixed, it will continue until the next reorganization,

In the meantime infinite growth is impossible, inevitably we have to go back to the mean.

Urain >>:

Отличные картинки, прекрасная работа.

Вот только ответьте на один вопрос по поводу колокола может ли обменный курс EUR к USD быть 1:100 ну или 100:1,

мне так видиться что не может, тк это порвёт форекс нафик.

А отсюда мораль мировая экономика это замкнутая система и валюты в ней как пайки в банке конкурируют но никто сильно вырваться не может так как экономики взаимозависимы и падение европейской экономики бьёт по японской и тд.

Поэтому бесконечное расширение колокола невозможно,

ну разве что сделать реорганизацию с учётом новых обстоятельств и с признанием статускво(как это было с рублём),

но опятьже когда ситуация зафиксирована то до следующей реорганизации,

в промежутке же бесконечный рост невозможен обязательно прийдёться вернуться к среднему.

Then it's time for you to buy a "cabbage basket" )
Infinite growth is possible and no "forex busting" will happen
The laws of the market cannot be undone.
I think you have not consciously engaged in "fitting" in your conclusions
All imho of course.

Mischek >>:

Тады Вам пора покупать "корзинку для капусты" )
Бесконечный рост возможен и никакого "порвет форекс" не произойдет
Законы рынка отменить нельзя
Мне кажется Вы в своих выводах не осознанно занялись "подгонкой"
Всё имхо конечно

Let's look at the other side, let's take the european and american markets, roughly equal in terms of population and standard of living.

Give me an example when one market goes down and the other stays intact (or nearly intact in a crisis)?

Let that example be theoretical.

Urain >>:

Давай зайдём с другой стороны, вот возьмём рынок европы и америки примерно равные рынки как по населению так и по уровню жизни этого населения

приведите мне пример ситуации когда один рынок упадёт а второй останеться нетронутым(ну или почти не тронутым кризисом) ???

зы пускай даже этот пример будет теоретическим.

Of course they are connected, tied up and tied down.
Suppose an accident similar to Chernobyl, but in France and at a modern power generating unit, and it is a release of 20 times more
Europe's agriculture is dead for years, half of all major industries are dead, the housing market, the labor force .....
There will be a great redistribution to China and America and others.
In the countries where they come, the "compensation" will grow.
The Eurobucks exchange rate is anyone's guess.
Phew phew phew

timbo >>:

"Ваш" програмёр не сбежал, его в очередной раз выгнали пинками. И мне думается, что тебе бы лучше последовать за ним на твиттер, будете там на пару упражняться в художественном свисте.

Paradoxically, it seems to me that the programmer is the only one who actually understands the issue of handicaps. What, for example, do you know or know that is worth listening to? It's not about his personality, what kind of man is he? He's a tramway jammer for sure. But I personally do not give a shit - even if he is rude or swearing, he has something to learn. And you don't. And in fact just beginning to "understand" what the hell he did there with his indica. I don't think it's even a wreck, in my opinion. But how to automate its lines ... ; -) ... I figured it out, and I don't think he knew what he was doing. :-) ... You'd be better off with your anger than advising others where to go. You're a real jerk. That's the paradox or intent - maybe you did it on purpose so you'd have more to lose.

Urain >>:

Отличные картинки, прекрасная работа.

Вот только ответьте на один вопрос по поводу колокола может ли обменный курс EUR к USD быть 1:100 ну или 100:1,

The offered picture was for the conditional comodity "Bearish" and of course it is a simplified model. It is not at all necessary to "tear up" the market to point out its imperfection. Obviously, the price of the comodity cannot become negative, hence one speaks of a random wandering not of the price, but of the logarithm of the price. That is, the bell will be the logarithm, and the price itself will be (for increments ~N(0, 0.01))

Obviously, the price is bounded at the bottom and not bounded at the top.

EURUSD is not a commodity, it is not a commodity and therefore we cannot talk about the price of EURUSD. Currency pairs are the ratio of two comodities to each other. This is a separate story. I.e. it is akin to spread-trading, or paired trading, which in general can show the property of returning to the average. Quite right, EURUSD cannot become 100 or 0.01, it is limited to some values, look at the monthly graph, but its rate of return to the average is close to 1, and this return can take years, decades, centuries, at which time there may no longer be EUR or USD .

It looks very much like mean-reverting. If I do a test, I will surely get confirmation of this. But waiting for a return to mean-reverting won't have enough patience or deposit.

And on a smaller timeframe the same thing will already look like a random wandering of pure water bounded neither by top nor bottom. I.e. we return to square 1 - to the bell of a random walk.

The next step of complication is to understand that the increments are not independent. The final picture won't change much, the price will remain a random walk, but its variance will greatly increase. When applied to currencies, which are sort of mean-reverting, the width of the tube will increase and the load on the deposit expecting to return to the mean will increase even more.

Reason: