Does the Grail exist? - page 205

sllawa3:

Well in mt, due to the lack of a ticking history, the development (and especially the testing) of strategies is far from credible...

That's a shame. Why do you need ticks? They're different for all dts.

paukas:
That's a shame. Why do you need tics? They are different for all DTs.

Although different ( and even more so ) but so far, everyone has... ( so far ... although there is a clear widespread reduction in their number )

Don't forget that the price movement trajectory within two identical bars may be (and always is) completely different.

sllawa3:
Although different ( and even more so ) but so far, everyone has... ( so far ... although there is a clear widespread reduction in their number)
What's in it for them, ticks? Don't they have enough minutes?

paukas:
What profit can they give you, ticks? Don't you have enough minutes?

a minute bar may be 20-30 pips long ( the length of the bar ) all TPs should be taken into account including the tick bar

Here is a useful tool for intra-bar analysis:

Files:
tst1.mq4  9 kb

sllawa3:
a minute bar can also be 20-30 pips long ( the length ) you have to take into account all t.f.'s including the tick

This is unnecessary.

if (iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,0)>OrderOpenTime())

That's all. The test is clean, it completely coincides with reality.

paukas:

This is unnecessary.

if (iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,0)>OrderOpenTime())

That's all. The test is clean, it matches the reality completely.

the test yes but in trading we miss more than half of the entry possibilities not to mention that in pipsing it is little acceptable... (by the way it's not quite right to equate the test and the real)

Don't forget that we can get closer to the real (e.g. by trading on formed bars and losing a lot on it), but we can never get closer to the real in the mt.

I've read it all, so I thought I'd jump in,

I give my definition of the grail:

it is a strategy that studies and finds patterns in the market that make it possible to predict future market behaviour with a certain degree of probability.

As market behaviour changes, this process of learning never stops.

This is actually what we all do here, but sometimes haphazardly and subjectively. I assume that such systems exist and are profitable, but no one is going to release it to the people, because after that the logic of the system will have to be raised, the market will change to another level...

that's the way it is...

OlegTs:

it is a strategy that studies and finds patterns in the market that make it possible to predict future market behaviour with a certain degree of probability.

This is actually what we all do here, but sometimes haphazardly and subjectively. I assume that such systems exist and are profitable, but no one is going to release it to the people, because after that the logic of the system will have to be raised, the market will begin to change to another level...

that's the way it is...

It is a strategy that works with what it has and has a winning percentage of 50/50.

OlegTs:

This is actually what we all do here, but sometimes haphazardly and subjectively. I assume that such systems exist and are profitable, but no one is going to release it to the people, because after that the logic of the system will have to be raised, the market will change to another level...

like this...

with a certain degree of probability ALL methods without exception predict price behaviour. Even the notorious TA, may he rest in peace.

The question is the magnitude of this very probability.

Regarding the need for adaptation - level of logic... IMHO if the grail, without taking his name in vain, found a pattern and TS became known to the market, then with the increase of the number of players using it the effectiveness of TS will decrease. Because using the found pattern players with their bets will level it

sllawa3:

the test yes but in trading we miss more than half of the entry possibilities not to mention that in pipsing it is little acceptable... (by the way, this is not the right expression for the equation of the test and real)

it is important to remember that we can get closer to a real (for example using formed bars and thus losing a lot) but a real in mt trade - never

It will enter where it should. And holding it for less than a minute is the mauvais ton.
Reason: