My next "masterpiece" - page 10

Svinozavr >>:
У Лема, кажется, был рассказ, где приводится перехват разговора двух инопланетян (профессора и студента), в ктрм профессор издевается над студентом за его гипотезу о возможности жизни, если не выполняются условия: давление в тысячи атмомфер, достаточного количества метана в жидкой фазе и пр.

Exactly...
In case anyone is wondering, life on planet Earth is not such a fragile substance and is not 100% dependent on the sun at all.
About 700 million years ago, our planet was a ball of ice, i.e. frozen solid. And it lasted about 5 million years. Life (albeit the simplest component) survived and, moreover, evolved rapidly.
One more thing... At the bottom of the world ocean there are so called smokestacks, geothermal sources with emission temperature in hundreds of degrees Celsius and with such a chemical composition that it is a real shame. Plus the water pressure there, which is several kilometres deep, is enormous. But not only protozoa that have learned to synthesize food for themselves without sunlight but with the help of chemical reactions, and crustaceans live there... And they're doing just fine.
And so ideas are born in the minds of scientists, and whether these very ideal conditions of distance of planets from luminaries are so important and what temperature, pressure and chemical composition should assist to the nucleation and prosperity of life.

Lord_Shadows >>:
В точку...
Если кому интересно, то жизнь на планете Земля не такая уж хрупкая субстанция и вовсе не на 100% зависит от Солнца.
Около 700 миллионов лет назад наша планета была ледяным шариком, тобишь замёрзшая напрочь. И длилось это состояние порядка 5 миллионов лет. А жизнь (хоть и простейшая составляющая) выжила и более того стремительно эволюционировала всед за этим.
Да и ещё... На дне мирового океана есть так называемые курильщики, геотермальные источники с температурой выбросов в сотни градусов по Цельсию и с таким химическим составом, что мама не горюй. Плюс давление воды там, а это глубины в несколько киллометров, просто колоссальны. Однако там живут не только простейшие, которые научились синтезировать питание для себя без солнечного света а с помощью химических реакций, да ещё и ракообразные и прочее... И заметьте прекрасно себя чувствуют.
Вот и рождаются в умах учёных идеи, а так ли уж важны эти самые идеальные условия отстояния планет от светил и какие температура, давление и химический состав должны способствовать зарождению и процветанию жизни.

I agree. By the way, I'm also aware of all these smokers (I'm even partly an avid smoker myself) :)

Yes, I didn't know about the ice ball 700 million years ago. But back then there was nothing more than the simplest of things.

MetaDriver >>:

Соглашусь. Кстати, тоже в курсе про всяких этих курильщиков (даже сам отчасти злостный курильщик) :)

Me too! ))) Man, it's scary to name the seniority.

Volodya, do you mean "smokers"? // http://www.3dnews.ru/news/golubaya_bezdna_v_poiskah_vnezemnih_tsivilizatsii_pod_vodoi/

gip >>:

А какова физика этого явления?

A person is a thought. Almost like in the matrix. :-)

Life, yes, it won't go away... but life and people are not the same thing, so less of a drain on our factories!

Svinozavr >>:

И я! ))) Блин, аж страшно стаж назвать.

Ты, Володя, про "курильщиков" это имел ввиду? // http://www.3dnews.ru/news/golubaya_bezdna_v_poiskah_vnezemnih_tsivilizatsii_pod_vodoi/

:)

Nah, I don't think so. I'm quite an earthy smoker. I can't prove it, but I don't see much reason to doubt it either. ;) It's a funny link, though. As soon as people come across something they can't understand, they start mixing it up with "aliens", "demons", or at the very least "market makers".

Occam crying...

kraizislot >>:

Жизнь это да, не пропадёт... но жизнь и эээ люди не одно и тоже, так что по меньше выхлопа нашим заводам!

Man as an individual, yes... But Mankind has already surpassed that stage of development which prevents us from living in unbearable conditions and also on other planets or generally in Space in "rusty buckets" :)).
Not only that, we can already create in such places conditions almost identical to the natural Earth ones, though in a limited quantity (so far).
And in general we are so lucky to live on this insanely beautiful and beautiful planet, that it is a crime not to take care of it...

Lord_Shadows >>:
А вообще нам так повезло жить на этой безумно красивой и прекрасной планете, что не беречь её это преступление...
Ahem. That's true, but all attempts to legally (morally, religiously) fix good intentions end up... you know where.
So relax and enjoy. Including aesthetic.

The aesthetics disappear when you walk into any yard and look at what is called a lawn - there's nowhere to go but crap...
Reason: