An amazing filter.

Good afternoon.

This is the crude idea we came up with (me and rid-U) on filters for automatic trading. And not only for automatic trading.

It is known that there are many indicators that try to determine whether the market is flat or trending. Unfortunately those indicators are (to put it mildly) very useful and even less useful.

Why? Because at any time the direction of movement may change.

In other words, let's look at the chart (franc, currency futures):

It would seem, insert such an indicator into the Expert Advisor and trade based on entries on breaks of this indicator (or in the direction of the colour) and "make lots of money".

But no!

In this kind of trading, there will be a profit only in backtesting after painful optimization.

In online trading we'll get an obvious failure, just because all of our trend profit will be eaten up by losses on trend reversals!

There are different types of trend filters and all sorts of other filters (neuro, iATR, multitime...), but their effect is miserable ...

//------------------------------------------------------------

I think many would agree with all of the above.

Failures of filtering unprofitable entries happen mainly because the indicator does not follow the price, but (alas... ) - the indicator follows the price.

But what if we write an indicator that doesn't follow the price! But on the contrary - it follows the price in 80-90% of our trades?

Is it possible? In this case we would have a very good instrument for both manual and automated trading.

................... (continued)

leonid553 >>:
...................(продолжение следует)
Waiting.

Intrigued.

Why do you need lines then, make a 3 or 4 bar chart ahead and then the price will just catch up with it? ))

This is not possible and I think that everyone who started studying the markets thought about it, but in-depth study excluded such a possibility. The Indicators are designed to average the data, to generalize, but not to predict. You cannot know the future

Yes, that's interesting. I had that thought about six months ago, but so far the results have been very modest.

Moreover, price movements are determined by millions of factors, billions of people, events, how can a couple of lines of code indicate where it should all go, absurd.

Techno писал(а) >>

The future cannot be known

You can now. Democracy. ;)

leonid553 >>:

Оч. извиняюсь... Зовут ужинать. Сейчас "откушаю" и минут через 30-40 продолжу

Я и сам ещё плохо осознаю- то - до чего мы додумались с Ридом, но "пахнет граалем" !

Let's keep waiting... Start sniffing around... ;)

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

It's all right now. Democracy. ;)

It is possible to vote instead of knowing everything :)))) maybe tomorrow the Earth will be destroyed by an asteroid, which the astronomers missed by chance, and that's it :))) the dollar will gape downwards in this regard :)))

leonid553 писал(а) >>

What if you could write an indicator that does not follow the price at all! On the contrary - it would follow the price in 80-90 per cent of our trades?

Is it possible?

Of course it is possible.

Anyone of those present can write such an indicator in a couple of minutes!))

Let this indicator draw three lines: up, down and forward.

I think that in 99% of cases the price will go in one of the three directions...

leonid553 >>:

Неудачи отфильтровки убыточных входов происходят во многом потому, что не цена идет за индикатором, а (увы... ) - индюк за ценой.

А вот если бы написать такой индикатор, который вовсе не ходит за ценой! А наоборот, - за линиями которого идет цена в 80-90 проц. наших сделок ?

Возможно ли такое ? Тогда мы бы получили оч. неплохой инструмент как для ручной, так и для автоматической торговли.

...................(продолжение следует)

This is impossible. Human history is naturally unpredictable.

Reason: