[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 591

Are you thinking on your own, or is there a software program that picks up the options? :-) just for fun, who are you fighting with? :-)

Aleksander:
Are you thinking on your own? Or is there a programme that picks up the options? :-) just for sporting reasons - who are you fighting with? :-)

myself, of course)

I work out with my daughter as a home trainer))

The position here is simple, easy to calculate. Black has to somehow stop the white pawn, and he can do that temporarily only by moving the rook to the 8th rank. But then it will not be possible to take the bishop, which controls an important field H1, and the white king will raid the pawns.

e7-e5

Aleksander:
e7-e5

b8F

f4-e4 stop stop stop stop... not right :-)

Aleksander:
f4-e4

Queen b1 and you are left without a rook

alsu: No, there are enough pawns, but you get one extra takedown.

And who said that this extra capture was made by a pawn? The bishop was eaten by some other piece of black, why not...

Anyway, well done, you've made a serious turn here. I also suspected that the king could have been under double check.

g1-f2 - but it didn't take me long to flutter :-) didn't have enough moves...

Mathemat:

And who says that this extra capture was made by a pawn? The bishop was eaten by some other black piece, why not...

The point is that there are 10 pieces missing, and the captures should have been 11.

Aleksander:
g1-f2 - but it didn't take me long to flutter :-) didn't have enough moves...

Queen beats e5

Reason: