[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 593

Aleksander:
Black's bishop isn't on f8 - i.e. it's been eaten by the piece....

Yeah, got it.

P.S. No, I don't get it. A pawn with f2 only needs 4 captures to end up on b7: first a move forward, then 4 captures. Anyway, here's a picture with all the captures:

The minimum number of pawns is 9 fucking pieces!!! And black bishop is still taken by a piece. There's no contradiction.

alsu:
fifth, to hold the queen (the pawn is already gone)

Who stopped the pawn from b7 to b8 from moving?

PapaYozh:

Who stopped a pawn from b7 to b8 from walking?
It's not there))

alsu:
It's not there, is it?)

So she's supposedly turned into a queen.

Mathemat:

Yeah, got it.

P.S. No, I don't get it. A pawn with f2 only needs 4 captures to end up on b7: first a move forward, then 4 captures. Anyway, here is a picture with all the takedowns:

The minimum number of captures is 9 fucking captures!!!! And black bishop is still taken by a piece. There's no contradiction.

And the tenth (which is missing) - turning a pawn from b7 into a bishop or queen

Mathemat:

Yeah, got it.

P.S. No, I don't get it. A pawn with f2 only needs 4 captures to end up on b7: first a move forward, then 4 captures. Anyway, here is a picture with all the takedowns:

The minimum number of captures is 9 fucking captures!!!!

well - how does a bishop or queen become a pawn? as the pieces eaten by pawns are only 9 and the bishopF8 is eaten by another white piece - not a pawn

Aleksander:
Well - how does a bishop or queen become a pawn? As there are only 9 pieces eaten by pawns and the bishopF8 is eaten by another white piece - not a pawn

Well, if a pawn became a queen, what prevented this new-found queen from taking the bishop?

look... 5 black pieces ate the first pawns... + black bishop ate a piece - a non-white pawn... that makes 6 pieces...

then to get to the bishop or queen you have to make 5 more captures... but black does not have 10 pieces - i.e. it does not work...

nothing was in the way if not for the condition - which move was White's last...

Aleksander:
nothing was in the way if not for the condition - which move was White's last...

And which one ?
Reason: