[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 197

Many physics problems are clever problems

So is this one.

Conventional approaches are of little use.

Especially the Olympics.

That was the assignment.

I didn't get over it until years later.

I have no desire to humiliate or offend people

Swetten >>:

Нормальный шовинизм. Я компенсировала это тем, что с парашютом сигала в аэроклубе. Даже, вроде, КМС юношеский. Был. :)

That's where your planes are coming from )

Question:

The daylight bulb in the luminaire is fitted with current clamps. Will the clamps show the presence of current if the lamp is on and lit?

-

Next ("Geometrical transformations"):

Construct a square, all vertices of which lie on the sides of the given triangle.

Ais писал(а) >>

I have no desire to humiliate or offend people.

Never mind, it will still come in handy :)

Looking for the compasses again

Richie >>:

Вопрос:

На лампу дневного света в светильнике надели токовые клещи. Покажут ли клещи наличие тока, если лампа включена и горит?

No they won't. There is no magnetic field. The antigravity effect of antigravity beetles is based on this paradox.

SZS Solve the mystery of the non-magnetic wire after all.

Mathemat >>:

Следующая ("Геометрические преобразования"):

Постройте квадрат, все вершины которого лежат на сторонах данного треугольника.

What about the right triangle? My solution is somehow ignored. I don't get it - a hint that it's wrong? Or is it the other way around - "credit where credit's due"?

Richie >>:

gip, что проектируете то?

First we need to clarify the questions I have about your competence in the physics of magnetic and gravitational fields. After all, students are suffering. I feel bad for the students :)

Richie >>:

Ну и, какие вопросы по поводу полей?

Solve the mystery of the non-magnetic wire. Then I promise not to ask about antigravity :)
Reason: