[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 523

VladislavVG:
And try hooking the glass to a support in the same bathtub and measure the strength ;)))

I want to be clear. First, not everyone distinguishes between mass, weight and pressure.

Pressure (P) is a physical quantity equal to the force F acting on a unit surface area S perpendicular to that surface. P=F/S

Weight is the force exerted by a body on a support that prevents it from falling, arising from the field of gravity. Weight in an inertial reference frame coincides with the force of gravity and is proportional to mass and the acceleration of gravity at a given point: P = mg.

My problem doesn't say a word about WEIGHT.

to drknn

The scales don't show weight, but an approximate value of mass. And they calculate this value as a function of pressure. There is NO ONE device that can directly measure mass. If you jump up on the scale, it will briefly show a higher value not because your weight has increased, but because you have exerted more pressure on it. Your weight remains the same P = 70 *9.8 = 686 N. Try weighing yourself with the scale on the carpet instead of on a hard surface.

alkador:

The scale does not show the weight, but an approximation of the weight.
Hello... Weighing == measuring weight.

) In the home, yes. In the laboratory, no.)

Weigh != measure the mass.

I think we'll end up with an aeroplane. You can start the thread all over again )

alkador:
Weigh != measure the mass.
You weigh on a scale )) (KO)

TheXpert:
Weighing on the scales )). (KO)

And on a mass meter you weigh

Mischek:
Thais know your mass :)))

OK, weigh me 9.8 Newton sausages and I'm out of here)))

Reason: