[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 520

There are two parallelepipeds. One is made of steel, the other is made of foam plastic. Each has a mass of 1 kg. The area of the base is the same. Which parallelepiped will exert more pressure on the support?

ilunga:

2004-2005 school year

you are from the past o_o

not before, these are tickets for that time, who cares, not in years time.

alkador:

There are two parallelepipeds. One is made of steel and the other is made of foam plastic. The mass of each one is 1 kg. The area of the base is the same. Which parallelepiped will exert more pressure on the support?

Which parallelepiped has a higher density and height?

Why? What does height have to do with it?

Answer my question and I'll answer yours.)

alkador:

Which parallelepiped will exert more pressure on the support?

The one with the higher density )))

The height of steel will be less than that of Styrofoam and the density of steel is higher than that of Styrofoam (K.O.)

sanyooooook it's a long time to decide, I've had enough of the 52 heat and mass transfer tasks so far

alkador:

The height of steel will be less than that of Styrofoam and the density of steel is higher than that of Styrofoam (K.O.)

The steel could be porous, the foam is pressed, so over-insured. Then steel of course.

Well the correct answer is steel, but can someone explain it from a physical point of view. The mass is the same.)

I'll explain it in 1.5 hours, if you haven't figured it out by then.)

Reason: