[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 404

It turns out that way )

the indicator shows a 75% probability of correct entry.

what is the optimum lot size from the deposit when entering a position ?

what is the lot size in case of failure ? - what is the optimal lot size to enter the position ?

what is the lot size if the position fails again ?

This is where pure matter is discussed, which is not related to trading. Look for Reshetov's thread on probability problems. It even has a very similar name - probably in spite of this thread :)

and I don't have anything to do with trading, what makes you think that? Pure mathematics, nothing personal, should I open my own branch?

Suit yourself, Rossi. The questions are too general, in fact there is something behind them. At a glance, the planned drawdown distribution. This is not pure mathematics, but the hardest, most applied terwer & statistics.

statistics - yes, not a tester... e.g. i can't understand, i've estimated if it's better to trade one way, e.g. from a long, but i can't calculate it...

is it difficult to calculate the size of the next lot ? for example, should it be reduced, left unchanged or increased and by how much ?

You know, if you increase it, it's a martingale, and if you open in the opposite direction with an increased lot, it's an anti-martingale. We are taught that both are evil. Is it evil or not ?

can the tester calculate on history the probability of a correct indicator entry? I wonder if for most indicators it is 50% or not?

I propose the Rossi criterion ( Rossi_test) - the indicator passes the history and generates signals (buy), after which the price increases by 3% of the buy price with a drawdown of not more than 1%

if the probability of correct entry is more than 70%, the indicator is satisfactory... (i.e. it will be a grail?)

will someone at least test a mcd on this criterion?

Mischek:

I suggest to open a separate thread, delete previous posts.

Open it...

I should add : does varying the lot improve trading results, e.g. even in some slow losing trades, e.g. crossing wagons ? After all, the tester only provides an unchanging lot, and changing the lot - starts an or - it's a martin !!!!!!

Rossi:

Open...

I should add : does varying the lot improve trading results, e.g. even with some slow losing trades, e.g. crossing the wagons ? After all, the tester only provides an unchanging lot, and changing the lot - starts an or - it's a martin !!!!!!

No one needs this nonsense, it is doubly unnecessary in this thread
Reason: