[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 152

MetaDriver >>:

Решение для мураэдра (вид сверху).

You get something like this but in the form of a cube.

Got it, thanks.

we get 5 sets S - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

and 4 sets representing points -A B C D,

The set S consists of the sets ABCD, they in turn do not intersect, each of them consists of 3 elements of the set S....

ChachaGames >>:

получается 5 множеств S - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

и 4 множества представляющих точки -A B C D,

Множество S состоит из множеств ABCD, они же в свою очередь не пересекаются, каждое из них состоит из 3 элементов множества S....

They do not! They intersect! But with a sign - and the sum of each set=0

ChachaGames >>:

а не! пересекаются! но со знаком - и сумма каждого множества=0

So have I, for three years

Mathemat >>:

Это не я придумал, оно само в голову влезло!

Пока некоторые обдумывают задачу о двух сторонах и биссектрисе (аналитическая формула, по которой можно построить третью сторону, уже есть, а естественного построения пока не вижу), предлагаю следующую:

б) Докажите, что существует бесконечно много натуральных чисел, не представимых в виде суммы трёх квадратов.

В принципе есть подсказка, которая и есть пункт а), но сначала посмотрим, как пойдет задача б) без а)...

Since this is a forum for programmers, let's solve the problem in the octal system :)

Here we have

0^2=0

1^2=1

2^2=4

3^2=11

4^2=20

5^2=31

6^2=44

7^2=61

Thus, the square of a natural number in the octal system can only end in 0, 1 or 4. Trying all possible triples of the given digits, including repetitions, we are convinced that none of the sums of the three digits ends in 7. Consequently, a number whose last digit in the octal notation is 7 cannot be the sum of three squares, and there are infinitely many such numbers, etc.

thanks to my computer science teacher, he was a bastard...

alsu, zachod! Yes, that was question a):

What is the remainder that the square of a whole number can give when divided by 8?

I still haven't understood the expert's drawing of the bisector. Explain to a dumbass what's what.

alsu >>:
я чертеж эксперта про биссектрису так и не прочухал. Объясните тупому, что к чему

I haven't figured it out yet either.