New Year's present - TestCommander lite

I think I've finished the beta version :-)

Program to auto-optimise :

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1467

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/7614

for automatic optimisation of Expert Advisor.

Please test it and give your opinion, suggestions, critics, etc.

I would be very grateful to those who speak English or Chinese to point out the translation errors.

The program is translated by an electronic translator, so that you understand what quality translation :-)

And the link to the program: ftp://fx-soft.biz/tcom.1.0.3.1.rar 2.5 mb (file checked http://www.virustotal.com)

p.s. I hope you like it.

Yeah... 22 people have downloaded so far, at least someone would have written something....

Yeah, it's the New Year's Eve... For example, I got an error, and that was the end of my acquaintance with the software. When changing values in a selection of exp variables, it gives out "wrong values". This cannot be the case, the values I set are correct, but the software thinks differently for some reason.

xeon, have you really waited for the sequel? The gift is really a New Year's present, but a detailed evaluation will be possible in the new year, but if all requests from https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/7614 are taken into account, it may be the product of 2010 in the world of FOREX.

The program is already running and started to test, the bugs in the parameters of the Expert Advisor were found out at once, but I will describe them in detail later.

The only question I have not understood yet is whether the obtained optimization results can be used in the Expert Advisor automatically or will everything be done manually through a SET file?

Happy New Year to all!

sever29 писал(а) >>
Yes, it's a New Year's trouble... For example, I got an error, and that's the end of my acquaintance with the program. When changing values in exp variables selection, it gives out - "wrong values". This cannot be the case, the values I set are correct, but the software thinks differently for some reason.

To be honest, that's what I thought, many people don't have time for software at the moment :-)

And about the error, - look at the correct fractional part separator.

HIDDEN писал(а) >>

xeon, have you really waited for the sequel? The gift is really a New Year's present, although a detailed assessment will be possible in the new year, but if all the requests from https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/7614 are taken into account, it may be the product of 2010 in the world of FOREX.

Well, this is only a light (free) version, it has one main function - auto-optimization and all the other "goodies" will be in a commercial version.

The program has already started and started to test, the bugs in the parameter settings of the Expert Advisor were found out at once, but I will describe them in detail later.

Ok, waiting :-)

The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is it possible to automatically substitute the optimisation results for the Expert Advisor, or will it be done manually, using a SET file?

Yes, the variables are filled in automatically, the set file is not used, in case there is no chart with the preset parameters (Expert Advisor name, Symbol, Period set) in the terminal, a new chart with the parameters set in TestCommander is opened.

Happy New Year to all!

I join in greeting! :-)

xeon >> :

all other "goodies", will be in the commercial version.

Can we know the list of goodies?

Also interested in the price for the deliciousness of the commercial version (can be in a private message).

xeon wrote >>

variables are inserted automatically, in this case the set file is not used, in case there is no chart in the terminal with the set parameters (set EA name, Symbol, Period), a new chart with the set parameters in TestCommander is opened.

Several questions arise:

1. If the terminal is launched and an Expert Advisor(s) is running on it, the quotes history is naturally stored in the same terminal, is it possible to launch optimization there or do I need another terminal for that?

2. If the launch in the same terminal is possible, what is the sequence of actions when the terminal is open and the Expert Advisor(s) are optimized on different currency pairs? I assume that the terminal must be restarted.

3. If an Expert Advisor, currency pair and timeframe are selected in the program but a chart is not open in the terminal and the Expert Advisor is not attached to the pair, will the program open a chart and attach the optimized Expert Advisor to it?

4. If the Expert Advisor used has a lot of parameters for optimization and a user has selected a large interval for the optimization with a small window, the number of possible optimizations, as you know in MetaTrader 4, is limited and once this threshold is exceeded, the tester is not launched. How will the program behave in this case?

I don't know if you are XEON, but I am also deeply involved in automated optimization and have a ready-made program product. I've tried a lot of methods and came to a conclusion that it's better to do everything in MQL4 + additional MQL4 library + WinAPI. Visualization of choice of Expert Advisors, currencies, charts and parameters for the EA is all good, have you decided to abandon the programmer setting of self-optimization only because of a pretty picture of functions in an external program?

HIDDEN писал(а) >>

xeon wrote >>.

variables are inserted automatically, the set file is not used, in case there is no chart with set parameters (set Expert Advisor name, Symbol, Period) in the terminal, a new chart with set parameters in TestCommander is opened.

There are several questions:

1. If the terminal is started and an EA(s) is running on it, the quotes history is naturally stored in the same terminal, is it possible to launch optimization there or do I need another terminal for that?

No, you do not.

2. If restarting in the same terminal is possible, what is the sequence of actions, i.e. opening the terminal and optimizing the Expert Advisor(s) for different currency pairs? I assume that the terminal should be restarted.

The sequence of actions is the same as described in the "Wizard". TestCommander will restart the terminal itself.

3) If you have selected an Expert Advisor, currency pair and timeframe in the program, but the chart is not open in the terminal and the Expert Advisor is not attached to the pair, will the program open a chart and attach an optimized Expert Advisor to it?

Yes, it can. I wrote about it above.

4. If the Expert Advisor used has a lot of parameters for optimization and a user has chosen them and set large intervals for optimization with a small step, as you know in MetaTrader 4 the number of possible optimizations is limited and the tester will not start as soon as this threshold is exceeded. How will the program behave in this case?

The only limitation is the maximum number of variables = 500, otherwise, everything depends on the terminal tester, and therefore all restrictions are only caused by the tester.

I don't know if you are XEON, but I am also deeply involved in auto-optimization and have a ready-made program product. I've tried a lot of methods and came to a conclusion that it's better to do everything in MQL4 and WinAPI libraries. Visualization of choice of Expert Advisors, currencies, charts and parameters for the EA is all good, have you really decided to abandon the programmer setting of self-optimization just because of a pretty picture of functions in an external program?

Question to the contrary - is it better to do everything in Expert Advisor?

1) The process is labour-intensive, the same TestCommander of the first version proved it to me convincingly.

2) The impossibility to be used by ordinary users (not programmers).

Well, a lot more can be cited, but in my opinion it's enough.

p.s. I am aware of your development, but only superficially, sorry :-)

What is the price of the commercial version? What is its current status for the end-user?

I think you made the light version from a fully functional one.....

HIDDEN писал(а) >>

What is the price of the commercial version? What is its current status for the end-user?

I think you made the light version from the full-featured one.....

The price has not been determined yet because the program is not ready yet, but when I finish it then I will think about the price.

Yes, the lite version is made from unfinished commercial, but the timing of the talk :-).

Naturally I will try as soon as possible as myself interested in this :-).

xeon >> :

The price has not been determined yet, because the program is not ready yet, but when I finish it, then I will think about the price.

Yes, the lite version is made from the unfinished commercial version, but about the timing I'm afraid to say :-).

Naturally I will try as soon as possible as myself interested in this :-).

I will keep an eye on the development of the programme, I wish you every success in your commercial activities in the new year.

Reason: