Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 173

Here is just the current example of the above entry

BUY EURGBP & (SELL 6EH1 + SELL DXH1) - current workout

leonid553:

BUY EURGBP & (SELL 6EH1 + SELL DXH1) - current workout

Leonid, aren't you using the profitability oscillator to filter out false signals?

leonid553, why false? I take it the spread indicator showed a narrowing of the spread and it continued? How do you exit such trades?

As far as I understand the main risk is the change in directionality of pairs in relation to each other?

ZZZEROXXX:

leonid553, why false? I take it the spread indicator showed a narrowing of the spread and it continued? How do you exit such trades?

As far as I understood the main risk is the change in direction of pairs in relation to each other?

False - the signal because the price lines kept diverging at that moment. (And the thin signal line has not changed its colour yet.)

And they began to converge only at the place where I showed my entrance with arrows.

I'm not following the direction of each symbol.

As I wrote above, in this case (on this particular triple spread) we follow only two price lines - lilac average and blue (EURGBP).

We do not pay attention to the others.

Vitya:

Leonid, do you use the profitability oscillator to filter out false signals?

Yes, sometimes I do in doubtful cases. When an entry on indices is doubtful and ambiguous (it happens sometimes), I sometimes use the profitability oscillator in addition.

what is the profitability indicator, please point the finger

The profitability indicator (oscillator) for spread trading was written by my good friend Sergey Ogarkov.

The source code, description and operation are described in Leprecon-11 magazine http://forum.leprecontrading.com/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=1101&sid=372321345f918a09954d498a8c208966 - article "Profitability Oscillator".

leonid553:

BUY EURGBP & (SELL 6EH1 + SELL DXH1) - current TP of this signal

Well, this is the final breakdown of this signal.

However, I have (following my own rules) closed a small total profit at the upper limit of the channel.

leonid553:

Well, that's the final result of this signal.

I did, however (according to my own rules), close a small total profit on the upper limit of the channel.

The point of convergence of the price lines was a little before your exit.

Do you use different exit rules for different instruments?

No - look more closely at the graph.

The lilac line and the blue line came very close to each other. But they never did (they never crossed)!

In addition - I do have many months of experience in such short-term trading. Which helps a lot in decision-making.

I should add that even if the price lines had crossed in this place - I still would not have been able to close the positions - it was a "dead night". And in the morning I opened the terminal at about 6:00 a.m. and waited for the convergence.

Reason: