Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 206

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/29786/page22 - on mt5 it seems a couple of people have already written bots.

espy:

Does anyone have an EA that closes all positions on profit given the current Bid/Ask instrument price postfix #I. ?

Orders do not open or close on instruments with postfix #I.

Someone has already posted an indicator showing the actual bid/ask sizes at which the trade order will be executed - see this, this, this forum thread b....

===========

In the download script (put it in the folder mt4/experts/scripts), which on the futures chart dynamically (even if the price Last - does not move), online shows the actual prices Ask and Bib, which will be executed orders to open/close position. In the MARKET OVERVIEW window the ticker of the analyzed futures must be present, - in this example - gasoline XRBN2#I

For example, at the current moment (see chart) on the illiquid commodity market, the price Last is displayed as 2.6991. However, - gasoline's buy position would close now at Bid=2.6957. And a sell position in gasoline would close at Ask=2.6985. When opening a position, it is the other way around.

The standard analogue of the indicator from the Broko's website is better not to be taken - because it shows the Ask-bid only once with the arrival of the new flipper - not dynamically.

In the upper left corner - additionally, the asc-bid prices are shown in writing.

Files:
scr_tiker.zip  2 kb

Hi all! The next (double), 29th issue of LEPRECON magazine is now freely available - http://www.lepreconreview.com/

The 2 articles PRIMES OF SEASONAL TRADING (pp. 95-102) "suggest promising mid- and long-term June and July paired entries on multi-year seasonal trends some commodity and stock spreads available for implementation in the MT4 trading platform from GK BROKO, GRAND CAPITAL, INSTA and other brokerage companies. In addition, by the numerous requests of our readers, is told about the expected July seasonal movements of certain instruments of the commodity and stock market".

Here are just a few of the suggested entries:

============

At the request of my acquaintances (in private) I "graphically" announce a short-term paired entry - buy "silver-gold spread". We wait (in 2-3 bars) for the price lines to start to converge (triangle point to the right) and then we make our entry:
buy SIU2 - sell GCQ2 = 1^2

(BUY XAGUSD - SELL XAUUSD = 1^2 or 2:3 - entry version for mt4 Alpari, etc.)

Positions are closed at the meeting point of price lines or when the spread line reaches the upper limit of the channel. Yesterday's similar entry (to sell spread - marked with arrows) worked great:

leonid553:

Wait (after 2-3 bars) for the price lines to start converging (triangle turning point to the right) and then enter:
buy SIU2 - sell GCQ2 = 1^2 ( BUY XAGUSD - SELL XAUUSD = 1^2 or 2:3 - entry version for mt4 Alpari, etc.)

Positions are closed at the meeting point of price lines or when the spread line reaches the upper limit of the channel. Yesterday's similar entry (into the spread, marked with arrows) worked fine:

At the point of convergence of price lines - closed the position. Alas, (unlike the previous entry on Thursday's divergence) I only broke even. Only the commission was won back. Positions were idle since Friday. Let's hope that on the next divergence of prices we'll have more luck!

Silver and gold have diverged again.

Possible short-term paired entry - buy silver-gold spread. Wait (2-3 bars later) for the price lines to start converging (triangle will turn right) and use the entry:
buy SIU2 - sell GCQ2 = 1^2 (or 2:3)
(BUY XAGUSD - SELL XAUUSD = 1^2 or 2:3 - entry version for spot mt4 Alpari, etc.)
Close positions - at the meeting of price lines or when the spread line reaches the upper limit of the channel.

Although there is some doubt on whether to enter or not. The multi-day DOWN-trend of the spread line is very disturbing! So, you need to think carefully here!

leonid553:

Silver and gold have separated again.

Possible short-term paired entry - buying the silver-gold spread. We wait (after 2-3 bars) for the price lines to converge (triangle turning point to the right) and then we make an entry:
buy SIU2 - sell GCQ2 = 1^2
(BUY XAGUSD - SELL XAUUSD = 1^2 or 2:3 - entry version for mt4 Alpari, etc.)
Closing of positions - at the point of convergence of price lines, or when the spread line reaches the upper limit of the channel.

Although there are doubts whether to enter or not. The multi-day DOWN trend of the spread line is very worrying! So, need to think carefully here!

Thank you Leonid. This clause is more relevant now: (BUY XAGUSD - SELL XAUUSD = 1^2 or 2:3 - entry version for mt4 Alpari, etc. ).

Also confused by the fact that the oscillator above 1 is stuck...

leonid553:

Silver and gold have separated again.

Possible short-term paired entry - buying the "silver-gold" spread. We wait (in 2-3 bars) for the beginning of convergence of price lines (triangle turns point to the right) and make an entry:
buy SIU2 - sell GCQ2 = 1^2 (or 2:3)
(BUY XAGUSD - SELL XAUUSD = 1^2 or 2:3 - entry version for spot mt4 Alpari, etc.)
Closing of positions - at the point of convergence of price lines, or when the spread line reaches the upper limit of the channel.

Although there are doubts whether to enter or not. The multi-day DOWN trend of the spread line is very worrying! So, one needs to think carefully here!

I am currently closing spread positions (1:2) at the point of convergence of price lines! Where I entered - I exit at the same level! Just - at breakeven...

I could go to tf=H1 and wait for the price lines to converge. But I did not take the risk ....

==========

August is one of the best and most promising months in terms of seasonal spread trading! Unfortunately, one of the leaders in "commodity offers" mt4 - GC BROKO has stopped working. However, this announcement will be useful for clients of other brokerage companies, including stock trading clients!

The latest, 30th issue of Leprechaun magazine is available for free now! http://www.lepreconreview.com/

The article "Techniques of seasonal trading" (p. 64) offers for consideration promising mid- and long-term August paired entries on multi-year seasonal trends of some commodity and stock spreads, available for realization in the MT4 trading platform of some brokerage companies. In addition, the expected for the month of August seasonal movements of certain commodity and stock market instruments are also described. August is traditionally full of promising seasonal entries across the entire commodity market spectrum! Perhaps the richest month in terms of the number of possible commodity-fund seasonal trades!

Here are just a few of the prospective entries:

Reason: