What's wrong with my algo-trading? - page 3

It's just that not everyone understands what "taking it slow" means, which is why they lose money in the hustle and bustle of wanting to cut it down.

To understand which strategy people are earning on, you either have to come up with your own, which is available to geniuses, or analyse profitable traders. Where to look for them? In the ratings of various decent competitions, in PAMM-accounts. In different monitors, etc. In PAMM accounts only night scalpers and griders are stable. I have not seen a single trend-follower in PAMM accounts.

winner2008:

Greetings gentlemen!

. NOT ONE profitable system!!! What am I doing wrong? I've changed the parameters, I've reversed the positions of tp and sl and still I've lost! But I mainly use large timeframes, daily trading in particular......

If you use daily forex, you will not make profit. Everything gets eaten up by the spread and swap.

winner2008:

Here is an example of a system:

To buy on the opening of the zero bar if the opening of the zero bar is above the closing of the first bar, with the closing of the first bar above the opening of the same bar and the opening of the first bar above the closing of the second bar, with the closing of the second bar above its opening. For sales, the conditions are the other way round. Exit a position at the opening of the next bar after the entry bar.

On EURUSD (1D TF), the system shows negative results and 272 trades in 14 years is approximately 1 trade in 19 days. Let's try to move to a lower timeframe (4H) to increase the number of trades. The average size of a EURUSD candle in the 4H timeframe is 45.1 points. Spread was taken at testing 1 point, i.e. trade costs are about 2.2%. As a result we have the result:

In essence - you open a deal by a random signal. And on any similar algorithms (candlestick parameters, most indicators signals, etc.) you will always end up with the sum of all deals: break-even minus spread (asc-bid), multiplied by the number of deals. This is at best. Optimization is a poor "consolation" here! You can check it empirically in the strategy tester on the history - by running the following construction:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/111855 - there are even some illustrative charts and other results. All pages of this thread are interesting to read.

I think one should keep away from such "random" entries when building a trading system. Otherwise all attempts to build a profitable system will lead to a dead end. One has to look for constants, global patterns in price movements. Someone above suggested one such variant yesterday - to use the so-called seasonality of commodity instruments. Something, I can't find that post now. But it is one of the most promising variants. Another variant - arbitrage trading systems. But here I have to look for so called "cointegrated" (or at least correlated) instruments. There are several threads on the forum devoted to statistical and conventional arbitrage.

Try to work in this direction.

Advice ... advice, and the person just needs to understand what the mistake is.
Especially since there is an error.

Initial condition for a profit on buying:
- Three white candles with OPEN above the CLOSE of the previous one;

Vladimir, your error is that if you don't place a "cutoff" after this trade, the fourth candle may very likely to have an OPEN higher than the previous one, and it's not guaranteed to be white.
Thus, you'll get a "doublet", i.e. the profitable trade minus the losing one. As the result we have what we have.

Even if the fourth candle is lucky and is white, the fifth is guaranteed to be black and will lose the profit.

prorab:

Advice ... advice, and the person just needs to understand what the mistake is.
Especially, there is an error.

Initial condition for profit buying:
- three white candles with OPEN above CLOSE of the previous candle;

........, then the fifth one is guaranteed to be black and will lose the profit.

Guaranteed, you say....That's where the grail is buried. And the guys here had no idea.

Maybe a little off-topic, but I am amazed at the illiteracy of those who have sent me a lot of spam claiming that if you get red five times on the roulette wheel, there's a 99% chance the next one will be black. It's the same with candles. If you consider the colour of a candle as a random event, then even after a hundred white ones, there is a 50% chance of a black one. Since they are independent events. Terver however)))

paukas:
Guaranteed you say....That's where the grail is buried. And the guys in here had no idea.

Laugh ... laugh, the guys will read it right:

Even if..., the fifth one is guaranteed to be black and take away the profits.
The grail is not buried here.

PS. Michael, there are no random events in forex.
"I think so"(s).

prorab:
Laugh ... laugh, the guys will read it right:

Even if
..., the fifth one is guaranteed to be black and take away the profits.

The grail is not buried here.

PS. Michael, there are no random events in forex.
"I think so".

On the smallest timeframes I think everything is very random).

Sepulca:

On the smallest timeframes I think everything is very random)
So it's easy to explain.
If the daily candles have a logical beginning and end, then the smaller TFs are sliced into pieces without any logic, or rather with a very primitive logic.
Reason: