Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 196

That's understandable (volumes and change of instrument)... I mean...

What's the difference between the two? 1...I am pasting the template file in MT, launching it, but it has no indicators (except period separators)... That is, there is nothing to set up! Maybe they should be set separately and without "templates"?

2.Why do you use futures for gold and silver, and not just XAUUSD and XAGUSD?

3. Why don't you have a magik function in the indices (to save settings for different instruments)?

Why do you always have black background on charts? Is it so important and it affects my work?

If I'm going to use it for the metals, I'll use the same tool as for EURGBP and DXH2, it's more visual informative, I'm sorry, I am still studying your tools, I don't know much about them yet...

If I'm wrong I will try to help you, but if I'm wrong it will help me, but I know, but I don't know how to use it.

1. Yes, probably - set them up individually, without the template. Then save your template.

2. Futures (as opposed to spot instruments) have a times smaller asc-bid spread - which is essential for small TFs.

3. - Use the "Save Template" option for each specific chart.

4. Black is more familiar and comfortable to me.

4. For metals and for(EURGBP - DXH2) the same indices are used. The one on the previous page (with coloured field) is not much different from Indline+1

vidi:

That's understandable.... My point is this.

.... are you using futures for goldsilver and not just XAUUSD and XAGUSD?

There was a signal last night to sell the silver-gold spread short (sell SI - buy GC). I did not announce this entry here, because last days this spread is in a very narrow flat and the expected profit was not large in the long run:

(Fig. from mt4 Alpari)

I used this signal yesterday for a short time, and closed positions yesterday - did not want to leave it for the night, and it turned out - in vain! Now the total profit would have been twice more! And yesterday I closed like this:

Hello Leonid.A small number of questions have accumulated...:

1.Indicator with shaded areas is not built like yours (picture).

2... Indicator 2 line + 1, in my opinion, confuses symbols 1 and 2...

3. What do these indicators show in general, in fact the question may even indicate on what they are built? as I understand on the scales ...

4.What does line + 1 show? (how do I read it correctly?)

5.Spreadcharts o3 mod? What is it for, what does it say and what is it built on...

I want to understand the basics.

vidi:

Hello, Leonid.A small number of questions have accumulated...:

1.Indicator with shaded areas is not built like yours (picture).

2. Indicator2 line + 1, in my opinion misinterpreted symbols 1 and 2 ...

3. What do these indicators show in general, in fact the question may even indicate on what they are built? as I understand on the scales ...

4.What does line + 1 show? (how do I read it correctly?)

5.Spreadcharts o3 mod? What is it for, what does it say and what is it built on...

Afternoon!

1. Most likely you have not set the "multiplying" coefficients in this indicator correctly (you should set them as 1-gold and 50-grey), or you have not changed your history with the "blue" symbol before january 16:

2. You must have set the instrument Reversal in PROPERTIES (correct Revers to = FALSE).

3. The price line indicators are plotted on the difference of 2 ma. I.e. each price line is plotted and drawn as a difference of its own slow and fast MA (periods are set in PROPERTIES) of given instrument. It has been done in order to combine both instruments (often with different dimensions) in one window on one scale and to set the common zero level of the scale.

To the right - the indicator calculates the ratio of position sizes for the optimal "balancing" of the spread of given instruments (1.00:1.80). This ratio (it can be rounded up to 1:2) is further set in the Spread indicator (lower window).

4. On the precious metals spread silver-gold XAGUSD-XAUUSD = 1^2 , there is an interesting and promising situation:

The price lines have diverged and the spread line (i.e. the total equity line) has gone way up and seems to be leaning towards a downward reversal!
If on Monday morning, after the trades opened, the price lines begin to converge, then there will be a signal to sell the spread(the triangle will turn to the right, i.e., it will show the beginning of the convergence):
SELL XAGUSD - BUY XAUUSD =1^2 (Good luck!)

Indicator parameters for their installation on the XAG silver chart

(Env.Period = 21; // Envelope averaging period
Env.Dev = 0.5; // Envelope deviation - channel width)

5. "Spreadcharts o3 mod?" is the very first, primitive and outdated version of the spread indicator. There, too, coefficients have to be set (1-gold and 50-silver) - you have not set them on your chart, and the drawing of the spread line (i.e. the line of total equity) is incorrect. Better use the latest version of the SPREAD_I_ENV spread indicator - its coefficients are calculated automatically (only position sizes are set).

leonid553:

.... 4. An interesting and perspective situation is now concerning the spread silver-gold XAGUSD-XAUUSD=1^2 :

The price lines have diverged and the spread line (i.e. the total equity line) has gone way up and seems to be leaning towards a downward reversal!
If the price lines begin to converge on Monday morning after the opening of trading, a signal to sell the spread will occur(the triangle will turn over with the edge to the right, i.e., it will show the beginning of the convergence!)
SELLXAGUSD - BUY XAUUSD =1^2 (Good luck to all!)

Entered the spread in the morning, around 5:30 terminal. Now at the point of convergence of the price lines closed with a small total profit! Was hoping for more. At least that's it. I wanted to wait and switch to tf=H1 and wait for the crossing (meeting) of the lines. But I decided not to risk "looking at night...".

The latest, 25th issue of the Leprecon Review magazine is now freely available.

http://www.lepreconreview.com/ - p. 49, article -.

Buy ZSK2 - sell ZMK2 soybean spread is expected from the end of January.

To make the spread more balanced and to reduce the risk - I use here, in MT4, not the exchange ratio of 1:1, but take ZSK2-ZMK2=2^3!
The figure below is a more detailed chart of multi-year seasonal trends (1-2-3-5-8-12) for the specified position size ratio. Here we can clearly see that buying this soybean spread is best broken down into 2 phases:
Stage one - buying tomorrow till February 12. And the second stage, - buying from February 22 to March 5, roughly!

Leonid, thank you for the very interesting information you provide. Can you tell me about this question:

Moore Research Center - provides seasonal charts on instruments for $39 - I read this information in this translation?

For $19 a month - spread commentary, as they write, ("Weekly Spread Commentary: (just $19 per month!") and "MRCI Internet for $49 a month!

A total of about 30 monthly historical trading strategies..." + 14 days free after registration.

Did I get it right? If you use their services, is it really worth it? I.e. they send reports every Friday, as they write: "Sent via email each Friday.

I don't know what the $19 and $39 subscriptions are and what the reports are.

What I do is this: about once every 3 months or so now, I subscribe for 1 month to the "MRCI Internet for $49 a month!" version.

It is enough to get full access to all materials and from http://www.mrci.com/client/seapat/index.php (and not only from it) to download all the necessary seasonal information, recommendations and charts (both single and spreads) for 2-3 months in advance!

Well, if something is needed that I do not have, I can always ask my friends, who currently has a current subscription.

The trading strategies (single entries and spreads - "about 30 monthly") are provided on the website like this: http: //www.procapital.ru/showpost.php?p=1184525&postcount=196

and plus for each entry - more complete statistics and multi-year seasonal charts - here is a sample (pound-euro spread) in free access http://www.mrci.com/client/spreads/strat/s3669.php - at the link wait 10-15 seconds to download 3-4 seasonal charts and tables.

Unfortunately not all of these inputs are available in mt4 for a good reason - long term contracts (especially for calendar spreads) are often lacking there.

leonid553:

I don't know what the $19 and $39 subscriptions are and what the reports are.

What I do is this: about once every 3 months or so now, I subscribe for 1 month to the "MRCI Internet for $49 a month!" version.

It is enough to get full access to all materials and from http://www.mrci.com/client/seapat/index.php (and not only from it) to download all the necessary seasonal information, recommendations and charts (both single and spreads) for 2-3 months in advance!

Well, if something is needed that I do not have, I can always ask my friends, who currently has a current subscription.

The trading strategies (single entries and spreads - "about 30 monthly") are provided on the website like this: http: //www.procapital.ru/showpost.php?p=1184525&postcount=196

and plus for each entry - more complete statistics and multi-year seasonal charts - here is a sample (pound-euro spread) in free access http://www.mrci.com/client/spreads/strat/s3669.php - at the link wait 10-15 sec to download 3-4 seasonal charts and tables.

Unfortunately not all of these inputs are available in mt4 for a good reason - long term contracts (especially for calendar spreads) are often lacking there.

Everything is clear. Thank you, Leonid. I am opening positions on your recommendations in Leprechaun... I am working on it now.

Reason: