Is it possible to Load or Save a Template without chart objects, or remove them after it loads?

To add comments, please log in or register
robnorthen
robnorthen  

I have an indicator that creates several chart objects as part of the indicator, OBJ_TREND, OBJ_HLINE, etc. I then create a template of a chart using this indicator. I then open a new chart on the same or different timeframe and load this template. The chart objects saved as part of the template are also loaded. Is there a simple way to remove these objects when the template is loaded, or better still not save them as part of the template?

Thanks.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
robnorthen:

I have an indicator that creates several chart objects as part of the indicator, OBJ_TREND, OBJ_HLINE, etc. I then create a template of a chart using this indicator. I then open a new chart on the same or different timeframe and load this template. The chart objects saved as part of the template are also loaded. Is there a simple way to remove these objects when the template is loaded, or better still not save them as part of the template?

Thanks.

• It would be hard to remove the objects AFTER the template was applied as yo would need a way to discriminate between "old" and "new" objects.
  • You can't avoid to save them in the template, using the standard MT4/MT5 templates. To do it you would need to build a library to save your own templates.
  • But it's perfectly possible to do it BEFORE applying the template. You only need to edit the template once it is saved, parse it and remove the objects from it.
david mackay
david mackay  

I have had some luck using a script 'delete all objects'

I use the script and save the template with no objects...

Then load the template and the correct objects will appear

To add comments, please log in or register