Doubling your deposit with martingale in three days - a reality? - page 8

roman.geiler >> :

>> don't get into terrimines. martingale is about pulling out the minus by the ears - and that pulling out should be visible. everything else is from the evil one.

Yes, and usually after a while the ears come off :)

gip >> :

Yes, and usually after a while the ears come off :)

It does, that's where I agree :)

keekkenen >> :

this is understandable, however, if you consider that one lot size, different stops and different prices per pip are used,

as well as the fact that pairs offset each other's losses on relatively unsuccessful runs and multiply profits on relatively successful runs

for all pairs at the same time, you get the above chart...

This is not the case. Enter one currency pair. Run a martingale trade on history and even then you won't get a correct chart, I assure you (compare it later with the one I sent in the links). You are not calculating something there.

Different stops have nothing to do with it, they just aggravate the situation - the peaks downwards will be sharper and deeper. There will be no unleveling between the different pairs either - it's a false perception.

On the one hand you write - "that's clear, that's understandable", but on the other you continue with erroneous statements. When constructed correctly, the graph will only look as shown in the links. Wouldn't you be interested in digging deeper yourself instead of opposing it? ...

And where is the doubling of the depo by a martin in 24 hours???

I see what is traded on the chart, it may not look like a martingale (I mean, doubling the position to win back previous losses), but such a system is used, used as I wrote above with a time limit in the series it also affects the nature of the chart...

In addition, it is too early to analyze it so closely, because the number of transactions is small ...

If you see a couple of declines and a couple of exits, in six months this place will be straight on the chart ...

If i've got a pair of bounces down and comes out on the way up, in some cases it will be straight on the chart... Why Stops don't play a role?

As for the false notion of leveling, it will be false when all pairs are simultaneously giving losses or pluses, it does not happen because pairs are traded independently of each other, their dependence is based on deposit only...

i may be wrong a priori, but i state what i see...

I think that time will change, because we need good statistics, but for now it is too early to state something, we can only state it...

Joker >> :
And where is the doubling of the depo by a martin in a day???

there they are doubling and doubling in three days, I'm sure :)

But it would be interesting to see the results after three months.

keekkenen >> :

I see what's traded on the chart, it may not look like a martingale (I mean, doubling a position to win back previous losses), but such a system is used, used as I wrote above with a time limit in the series it also affects the nature of the chart.

alright, alright, i'm just a nerd, clinging to everything for no reason :) i know :)

accepted

On the subject:

Looking at the transaction details for each instrument individually. So far it does not seem that the doubling of GDP :) in three days will succeed. Too large series of losses - the pound has the series of 4 consecutive losses, while the euro has 6. To pull out such a series, one should have a large amount in the account (you can calculate it basing on my previous post) - certainly not less than 10 000. It is unreal to double such an amount in such a short time and with 19 points of profit.

And we cannot even see that the strategy is profitable in the timeframe that we initially set. One day has passed. Losses. Now we have to earn more in the remaining two days than we originally planned to do in three.

NSD/USD gives hope of course, but sluggish. It does not want to reach the Stakhanovite speed either.

Now from an abstract point of view. I've been thinking and decided that the commission is to blame. If it were not for the commission, we could double the sum within three days - give us some minutes and let's go mowing. But because of the commission we have certain limitations: i.e. the strategy must operate with values of profits and stops that are at least certain. And in this case three days will not be enough to increase the volume.

I think it is unreal to doubling in three days systematically (i.e. not at random) taking into account existence of commission. It may happen by chance - we put all the money on one mark for gbp/jpy and close our eyes and wait for three days. If we are lucky, because of the crazy volatility of this pair, you can even double in one day, if you are lucky :)

I suggest the author of this topic to consider a period of a month. Double it in a month. For my estimation it is realistic, and the time frame is not that long. And martingale may help.

Yuri, what do you say? Let's reschedule it by a month? You have created a great site, we should use it! Unrealistic in three days - commission interferes ....

I've already lost a third of my depo, and it's only the first 24 hours... Looks like unreality after all

Reason: