Discussion of article "Neural Networks Cheap and Cheerful - Link NeuroPro with MetaTrader 5" - page 2

JD4:
I don't know what experience others have been having with downloading NeuroPro 0.25 (in a zip file), but I found it on a Russian language only site using a search engine, but when I tried running the setup program within it, it told me I didn't have the proper version of windows.  After checking that site through an online translation site (alot of copying and pasting), it appears that it doesn't like Windows Vista, and the preferred versions are Windows 3.10 (remember that?) and 95.  I have also found the Neuroph program, hopefully it will be able to work with MT4 and 5, and MQL as well.

Hi JD4,

I had the same problems with NeuroPro (getting it translated)...so I kept looking and found Neuroph...which looks very similar to NeuroPro.

I also found another great free neural net program called Encog...

Both were great places for beginners (like me) to learn neural nets...and both work fine with Windows 8

Neuroph was good to learn the basics...and has a great GUI that helps a lot...but it's a little limited for real applications.

It has no print out of it's weights and thresholds to use for indicators or EA's.

Someone with basic Java coding could probably easily make these functions...and then fairly easily connect them to MT4.

Encog was the next step up in neural net power...and while the GUI is a little more complex...

It has a built-in function that you can actually make Encog predictive indicators immediately for MT4...

As a beginner I was amazed to have actually made my own MT4 neural net predictive indicators using Encog...! Big steps forward in my learning...!

Haven't tested them extensively yet to see how accurate they are...but it's a great start for me in this exciting field of AI and neural nets...

The only downside was the limited support with no active forums...so you have to be persistent in your efforts.

I'm now looking at Deep Learning systems as well now...but will continue to play with Neuroph and Encog to learn more.

I definitely recommend both (free) programs to starting learning how to use neural nets.

Free tools to learn exciting new neural net skills...can't beat the price...!

Thanks for sharing,

Robert

This is one of the best examples of a nice curve fitting approach.

It seems that NeuroPro 0.25 cannot be launched on my Windows 7 64 bits system ( Setup does not execute , even under the "virtual" mode that Windows 7 proposes to fix the problem).

For those who did succeed in executing the Setup.exe file, what OS did you use please ? )

Best regards.

Reason: