It's impossible to make money on Forox!!! - page 12

OAE >> :

Huh. You have a strange way of communicating. It feels like your job is to look for things to pick on in other people's posts... The phrase "don't get hot" was written figuratively, in principle, and had nothing to do with your temperament. As for the point: if you are not aware of something, it does not mean that it does not exist. And to test a story, and moreover such deep, and moreover to prove something to somebody, for me it is absolutely ungrateful employment.

(>> you have a strange reaction. What's there to pick on (I've got nothing else to do) - I was just telling you. I wanted to explain the point. It's a common thing among newbies to say that class. TA is outdated. Usually they don't even know how the same MA is considered. This does not apply to you, of course. But it's just a... a common misconception. It's just that the classics as written by its creators are not applicable in bots.

Well, sorry - tried to be helpful.

OAE >> :

Turns out it's that simple... And there's no need for so much debate. And those dumb hedge funds don't need entire scientific departments of programmers, mathematicians, physicists, astrologers...

If you worked in, say, a bank, you would know that there are no departments of chemists and physicists there. Who told you that? Or did you come up with it yourself?

paukas писал(а) >>

If you had worked in, say, a bank, you would know that there are no chemists or physicists there. Who told you such gibberish? Did you come up with it yourself?

He was referring to funds and investment banks like Goldman.

As in the case of Sergei Aleynikov, a Russian programmer who was the head of the department:

Russian programmer Sergei Aleynikov, who worked for prominent US bank Goldman Sachs, is accused of stealing the closed source codes of an exchange trading system.

Sergei Aleynikov was arrested late Friday night at Newark International Airport. He was charged with stealing trade secrets and transporting stolen property.

On 7 July, Aleynikov was released from custody on bail. He paid $75,000 in cash, surrendered his passport and pledged not to use a computer during the investigation. If he fails to appear in court, he will have to pay another $750,000.

Sergei Aleynikov left Goldman Sachs, where he was earning a salary of 400,000 a year, to take up a post at another company that planned to engage in automated high-volume exchange trading. It was allegedly for the benefit of this particular company that the theft took place, reports CNews.ru citing Reuters.

Aleynikov copied, encrypted and transmitted about 32 MB of restricted code to a server based in Germany in the days before he left Goldman Sachs. This is according to FBI documents that were released on July 4.

FBI agents recorded four illegal data transfers from Aleynikov's workstation on June 1,4 and 5, 2009. The Russian programmer attempted to cover his tracks. "The software used to encrypt the files was later removed. The attacker also attempted to erase his workplace history, but it was unsuccessful," the FBI said.

After his arrest, Aleynikov issued a statement in which he admitted that he had indeed copied and encrypted the files that were on his company's servers, then transferred them to a remote server, deleted the encryption software and attempted to erase the history of events. However, he asserts that he only intended to take the "open source files" that he himself was working on, and only later realised that he had mistakenly copied more information than he had originally intended.

According to the FBI, the defendant was working on creating "a platform that allows a financial institution to engage in sophisticated, high-speed, high-volume trading of various stocks across multiple markets."

http://hitech.newsru.com/article/07Jul2009/aleinikov

http://habrahabr.ru/tag/%D0%A1%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%B9%20%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2/

Larry Tabb, head of TABB Group, said:

"The most sophisticated players in the market, which no doubt includes Goldman Sachs, are spending fabulous sums on creating software to gain an advantage in both transaction speed and market analysis capability. It allows them to be the first to make decisions."

The resume of New Jersey resident Sergei Aleynikov, posted on LinkedIn, lists his position at Goldman Sachs as "VP, Equity Strategy" and included, among other duties, the development of a "high-frequency trading platform", a software platform that was used for automated trading in commodities and stock markets. It was its code that investigators believe Aleynikov copied and sent to an unknown recipient and possibly the buyer.

Aleynikov's resume on LinkedIn says he graduated from Moscow State University of Railway Transport (MIIT), after which he worked as an application developer at the United Railway Computer Centre in Moscow. After coming to the US, he graduated from Rutgers University in New Jersey, one of America's leading educational institutions, then taught students about neuroelectrical systems for a while. After that he led programming teams in several companies, including IDT Corp.
http://www.rb.ru/topstory/economics/2009/07/07/151714.html

You asked the wrong question. This is a forum for programmers, not traders. Traders do not have time to write, while programmers trade.

yu-sha >> :

Half an hour ago I made a .hst file with random ticks (first quote 01.01.2008 and number of ticks per hour was taken from Eurodollar)

Opened it in MT4

What is not a real H1 chart ?

OAE >> :

...I made an experiment: I used random numbers, and they were not computer-generated

This is not user's computer but from some web-site or some mathematical university, or there is a paid generator for scientific research guaranteeing, so to say, however ridiculous it may be,

the maximum randomness, which can be obtained at all, was formed from the ticks, the candlestick chart was formed from the ticks and it was offered to distinguish it from an arbitrary chart of a currency pair.

I want to tell you, the task turned out to be not as obvious as many might think - the same trends, waves, triangles, channels...

+1.

recently i was studying a delphi plotting component, and in the example there's a candle chart with a button - "random filling" - i poked it for a long time and still feel a bit uncomfortable )) - i got the same graphs that i see every day in MT. i looked at the code - it was really random! )))

{ fill data in our custom arrays }
  X[0]:=0;
  Y[0]:=Random(10000);
  for t:=1 to Num-1 do
  begin
    X[t]:=t;
    Y[t]:=Y[t-1]+Random(101)-50;
  end;

But the interesting thing is that many of my observations (not related to classic TA), also work on random! I'm still in shock ))

so my verdict is unambiguous - you can make money!

majestic писал(а) >>

And the interesting thing is that many of my observations (not related to classic TA), also work on random! I'm still in shock ))

Sickest opus in the history of trading ... To see something on random.

This is a paranoid hallucination, a topic more for practical psychology.

Risk, is the profit graph in your avatar also a hallucination? )) I don't see the point in arguing... everyone will make their own way ;)

majestic писал(а) >>

looked at the code - really random! )))

With a distribution that absolutely does not correspond to the return price distribution. You also need to consider the pseudo randomness of random from the standard delphi library.

The price does not always behave randomly. These moments of "predictability" should be looked for and traded.

lea, I tried to find the answer in the random function, I looked around a bit and couldn't find it, but you don't need to know how it works to use a TV...

and the OAE wrote about a non-computer generator... I personally didn't expect to see what I saw... i thought the randomness on the graph would be bullshit back and forth... but... the fact remains.

Reason: