The rant about quitting your day job... - page 4

Integer >> :
If you have 5-7 years of experience in this job and it is not medicine, you have capital to live on low-risk investments, then you can do anything. But 4 months of experience on the stock market is not enough to jump in headfirst. The best advice is not to listen to advice.

I've got everything but the capital... you know, the housing problem... :)) but I'm almost out of debt too, I don't think there will be any soon :))

sever29 >> :
Perhaps... Maybe the author of this thread has the same motivation. I left for the same reason, my psyche could not withstand this lawlessness, but if there was a place, I would have left earlier.

There are a lot of answers, I will not radiate negativity, I will simply say +1

igar00 >> :

I quit my job.

At the same time I was investing in PFs. http://www.maxwell.ru/unit-investment-trust/open-unit-funds/maxwell-capital/share-cost.aspx

There was a crisis, which could have affected my job as well. I wouldn't have done that if I'd had a job,

because I was working hard for myself around the clock. Yesterday was the first time I turned off the computer when I went to bed.

I should have four years' worth of money left over. And that's assuming there's no illusion. And that in four years there should be a meaningful amount of money

on which you can trade. All in all, you have to screw everybody every day for 4 years. I've even created a system that has been showing profit for two years in the forward test,

public with a code. A little persistence, a little police, a little gangsters, a little investors.

The biggest problem has turned out to be the people close to you. You must have them used to the good life. $100K will cost you forex,

that's four years without working. Kind of like studying at an institute. If you are lucky, without experience you will stumble somewhere. You can't see the horizon now and everyone will tell you,

"It's no big deal. I can do it in a year, tops. That's what I thought. Yeah, I quit my job three years ago. When I was working, I asked myself, "What am I better than anyone else..,

if I want more?"

That's the thing... who says YOU (I) didn't come out???

All the other 99%. :)

igar00 >> :
All the other 99%. :)

Well, the figures are on a par with those who feed the forex and other exchanges :))))

No matter how you look at it, four months is just not enough. But it's not even a question of time, as in any craft, you can only give advice after you have seen what you can do. And I take it you have nothing to show? One piece of advice: think it over. Working for yourself takes a lot more effort and time.

Figar0 >> :
No matter how you look at it, 4 months is just not enough. But it's not even about time, as in any craft, you can only advise something after seeing what you're capable of. I don't suppose you have anything to show? One piece of advice: think it over. Self-employment is much more demanding and time-consuming.

I'm not going to write an application tomorrow :)) at least the annual bonuses have to be collected :))) I mean in a year, six months...

sanctus >> :

In my experience, you can't trade normally while working at your main job and you can't make much money either. It is really more like roulette - you will be unlucky. I have noticed that after I quit my job I start to go deeper into the market.

So, that's what mql is for. Profits drip in while you are at work. There is, in general, no other point in Expert Advisors.

Andrei, it's not that simple.

4 months of trading "manually" is not experience at all, it's just your honeymoon. You haven't even started reinventing yourself to trade manually yet. There are temptations and a series of failures ahead that you don't even seem to have encountered in those 4 months. Very experienced traders who have been trading on the real account for years have also fallen into such traps.

You have to have a considerable "cushion" (several tens of kilobucks) to survive this period of psyche alteration and to learn something.

This is probably the most important argument.

It is better to focus on creating a bot. You are an engineer, you are no stranger to mathematics. But this way has other problems. For example, proving the workability, i.e. the robustness of the bot. People have been looking for such bots for years, trying many different variants and some do find them. But the percentage of these people is extremely small, a fraction of a percent of all those who search. And the rest either fail, or try to break-even / break-even.

Well, in general, if you feel that it is yours and for life - start slowly re-shaping (or create a bot). But it is better to quit after you have a "safety cushion".

My experience on the real market is extremely small - 3 months. I lost an amount close to your monthly earnings. But that's when I realised that I wouldn't go for real until I'd created a bot that I was sure of.

Mathemat >> :

Andrei, it's not that simple.

Trading "manually" for 4 months is not an experience at all, it's just your honeymoon period. You haven't even started to reinvent yourself to trade manually yet. There are temptations and series of failures ahead, which you don't seem to have encountered in these 4 months. Very experienced traders who have been trading on the real account for years have also fallen into such traps.

You have to have a considerable "cushion" (several tens of kilobucks) to survive this period of psyche alteration and to learn something.

This is probably the most important argument.

It is better to focus on creating a bot. You are an engineer, you are no stranger to mathematics. But this way has other problems. For example, proving the workability, i.e. the robustness of the bot. People have been looking for such bots for years, trying many different variants and some do find them. But the percentage of these people is extremely small, a fraction of a percent of all those who search. And the rest either just sink, or work around a break-even / break-even.

Well, in general, if you feel that it is yours and for life - start slowly re-shaping (or create a bot). But it is better to quit after you have a "safety cushion".

My experience on the real market is extremely small - 3 months. I lost an amount close to your monthly earnings. But I`ve understood then that I won`t go to the real account until I`ll create a bot I`ll be sure of.

If only you could say so... By the way, have you tested EAs in MetaTrader? I had and still have this problem. I have not understood the reason yet, but there is something wrong with quotes there. I have written my tester using the same quotes and got quite different results on the same history with the same parameters.

Reason: