How strong movements are born - page 13

Svinozavr >> :

>> someday I'll tell you a story of how I got half a mil of their money because of a sure-fire insider.)

Maybe now if there's time, then you'll forget...

DC2008 >> :

The DCMV indicator and bollinger with the same periods are in comparison - nothing in common. The bollinger is in yellow. And it expands on a strong move, but with a delay. In addition, the price falls out of the channel. In other words, they are fundamentally different.

===

Let me answer right away, I do not know how the Bollinger is built and works - for sure it is cool, but it does not interest me.

Interesting approach. Would you be offended, if I explained it to you in a simple and unobtrusive way?

The BB is the standard deviation of the price deferred from its average. Up and down with some kind of coefficient-deviation (2 usually).

It is still desirable to know at least the basics of statistics in order to analyze prices. Sorry, if I'm boring you.

Mischek >> :

Maybe now if you have time, then you'll forget ...

I'm in a good mood right now. Do you want it to go bad? )))

If you have vodka on hand with the right attitude, I'll be sure to lighten up with a story.

Svinozavr >> :

I'm in a good mood right now. Do you want it to go bad? )))

If I have some vodka on hand with the right attitude, I'll be sure to lighten up with a story.

No, I don't ))))

We'll wait (((.

DC2008 >> :

The DCMV indicator and bollinger with the same periods are in comparison - nothing in common. The bollinger is in yellow. And it expands on a strong move, but with a delay. In addition, the price falls out of the channel. In other words, they are fundamentally different.

===

I will answer right away, I do not know how the Bollinger is built and works - for sure, it is nice, but it does not interest me.

In vain, not interested. In general, you don't want to believe it, but fundamentally, I emphasise, fundamentally you have the same thing. The difference may be in small and insignificant details. The results, understandably, will be the same as for the Bollinger.

I agree with HideYourRichess, there is no relationship of strong/weak movements to volumes and some kind of "activity", moreover, these strong movements are not really related to "themselves" either, i.e. to the series of quotes.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

And it was not about the movement itself - it is somehow easier))), but about its conception (i.e. conception, not birth))). It's a bit of a mystery. Intimate in nature thing.

I once developed an advisor who had to hunt for strong jerks. I gave him a lot of conditions and filters. After obtaining this knowledge, he became an excellent hitman. But there were very few "orders", not enough money for anything and he became a bum. Even his client gave him up.

===

The knowledge of the beginning of the spurt, I need to stop the trade.

Svinozavr >> :

Guess or follow? That is the question. (That is the question.)

I am, as you 'guessed', 'following' the latter. So do you, it seems. I see no way to follow the signs of a movement, as I simply don't know them, so I follow the movement itself. I am not a seer to guess, nor am I a market maker to shape movements. Neither am I an insider. (Ha! I'll tell you a story someday about the time I lost half a million of their money because of a sure-fire good insider.)

In short, "happy to know, nauseous to guess." (Sorry, Alexander Sergeyevich.

Guess, in inverted commas. Just because I don't want to make a big deal out of it. It's a probabilistic thing, that's why. I'll try to put it neutrally: I believe (I'm writing this way, so as not to fall into the sin of discussing methods), that the probability of movements that do not fit my trading plan is possible with a probability that is significantly different from 50/50. Correspondingly, I sit on the fence at this time and observe.

And yes, I'm not a risky guy for a long time, I want respectability. ;) The same, life has taught me!

DC2008 >> :

I once developed an EA that was supposed to hunt for strong jerks. I put a lot of conditions and filters in it. Having acquired this knowledge, he became an excellent hit man. But there were very few "orders", not enough money for anything and he became a bum. Even his client gave him up.

Anything happens - I have such ("such" in the sense of trend work, not profitability implementation) working.

===

>> I need to know how to start a spurt to stop the trade.

>> I see. I.e. TS is on the sideways - right? There is such an approach - it is OK. It makes sense - there is more flat than movement. True, there is more profit on the movement.

Volatility breakouts - one. Demark's Sequence is another (signs within the flat). As I understand it, you are combining. Not necessarily the classical instruments - I just named the commonly used ones to make it clear what we are talking about.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

I see. So the CU is on the sideways side - right? There is such an approach - ok. It makes sense - there is more flat than movement. True, there is more profit on the movement.

My answer will probably seem like a red rag for a bull to many people, but I trade by quant frequencies. If there is a frequency that is currently allowed to trade, the Expert Advisor will bounce inside the channel as long as it has time (until the frequency changes). The channel width is selected for each frequency and it is predefined.

Reason: